This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I be honest?

#31Cool_Dude667Posted 10/26/2013 12:43:20 AM
Boge posted...
I personally hate games that are longer than 10 hours. I get bored. I never finish them.

I heard xanax can help with that
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#32AmiciPosted 10/26/2013 12:48:18 AM(edited)
Didn't you know? Length doesn't matter, it's how you use it that counts.

---
Pain is temporary; glory is forever.
Your friendly neighborhood gaming surgeon.
#33dekouPosted 10/26/2013 3:13:39 AM
The only full-priced, single-player-focused game with a campaign shorter than ten hours I can think of is Mirror's Edge.

I don't think games like BF or CoD count, because they're just multiplayer games with a SP campaign as a bonus feature. Portal doesn't count, because it was pretty cheap even new. Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and Dishonored are around 15-20 hours long. Assassin's Creed 3 seems to be 30+ hours long. Most RPGs are 20-40 hours long. So... which games are we talking about, exactly?
#34claytonbuckleyPosted 10/26/2013 4:40:54 AM
Because modern graphics. The longer the game, the worse it'll look. And people would prefer to play short pretty game than a long ugly game.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#35El_ZaggyPosted 10/26/2013 5:18:55 AM
why spend more money to make a game longer when millions of average gamers will pay 60 bucks for a 5 hour game? As a business man, isnt it more appealing to have more money by spending less on the development of a game and have faith in the stupidity of gamers that will buy the game ?

Its not like most gamers are intelligent. Lots of them are buying games at launch for full price. Or their parents. Its the gamer's fault that we get CoD every year or lazy copy paste like arkham origins or lazy rehashes like every nintendo game. if the gamers were to stop buying 5 hours games, maybe the industry will stop being lazy and make the game longer, have better stories and have more stuff for your money. But this isnt going to happen soon as most gamers seems to like being ripped off.
#36LordSeiferPosted 10/26/2013 5:37:23 AM(edited)
Alice madness returns is a good example of a game that is unnecessarily long.

just hours of jumping from platform to platform

(especially when being played by a female who lacks good PC gaming ability)
---
^ this
#37reincarnator07Posted 10/26/2013 6:37:47 AM
People are too content with their 5 hour games. This works out especially well for the publisher as they now can just spam a bunch of short games instead of a long game and still charge full price + DLC on them. You'll never see something like FF6 again from a major publisher.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#38LordSeiferPosted 10/26/2013 6:40:43 AM
id imagine FF6 took less time to create than gta5
---
^ this