This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for nice laptop with great aesthetics and keyboard

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for nice laptop with great aesthetics and keyboard
3 years ago#1
I'm a complete novice with computer parts. I'm in my last year of college but will be continuing on to law school. I want a laptop that's great for taking notes but is also all-purpose. I do not want a mac.

-Gaming is not a necessity, but the capability to play games is always nice.
-I'm big on aesthetics. I want it to look nice
-I want as nice of a display as I can get. I like the retina displays on the new macbooks.
-Fast processor and a nice hard drive is nice. I keep a lot of TV shows stored on my laptop.
- I really want a nice back-lit keyboard that performs well.
-Money is not an object

Could anyone help me out?
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
3 years ago#2
....So basically you want a MacBook Pro, but you don't want a MacBook Pro. Even though neckbeards on CE will tell you otherwise, MBP's offer the best build quality, and the most longevity of any notebooks out there.
You're awesome.
3 years ago#3
__Cam__ posted...
....So basically you want a MacBook Pro, but you don't want a MacBook Pro.

Exactly. Everyone around me has a Macbook Pro. Call me a hipster, but I really don't want the exact same laptop as literally every other person in my all of my classes.
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
3 years ago#4
Nordini posted...
Exactly. Everyone around me has a Macbook Pro. Call me a hipster, but I really don't want the exact same laptop as literally every other person in my all of my classes.

So buy a MacBook and get a skin for it, then.

http://www.gelaskins.com/
You're awesome.
3 years ago#5
Razer Blade? Or other laptops in that category? Maybe MSI has something.
Steam & XBL - xNo L1m1tZx, Origin - xNoL1m1tZx
Currently playing BF3, Recon only, go ahead, cry some more.
3 years ago#6
Yoga 2 Pro
3200x1800 resolution
good keyboard

MBP keyboards are... unimpressive, to say the least.
"...Ashley takes on Lord Blazer alone in a white cape with flowing rockstar hair while playing his impossibly cool sword as a guitar..." - LBoksha
3 years ago#7
Asus Zenbook UX302LG

(2013) Retina Macbook Pro [even though you say you don't want Mac, it's still a good laptop]
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ | GTX 560Ti (2GB) @900MHz | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Samsung 840 (250GB) | 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | 8GB RAM | Zalman 9900 MAX | CoolerMaster HAF 912
3 years ago#8
vaio pro 13
http://i.imgur.com/hOjV6w3.jpg
3 years ago#9
The Yoga 2 Pro or Thinkpad X1 Carbon.
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson
3 years ago#10
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152443

MSI GS70

Since money is no object for you
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for nice laptop with great aesthetics and keyboard

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived