This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help, can't get audio to work!

#1cookie_kidPosted 10/25/2013 5:52:13 PM
So for some reason, my sound card isn't working properly all of the sudden. I'm not sure if the problem originated because I recently updated my OS to windows 8.1 or what, but the jack where i plug into for sound (the green one on the rear of the computer) isn't working for my external speakers anymore. I'm quite sure the problem isn't the speakers since I tried using three different ones and none of them seem to be working. I tried checking the settings and according to my computer, everything should be working fine, but I can't hear anything. I have tried using my headphones that can be connected to a usb slot and that works fine, but whenever I try using the green audio port thats when I have trouble receiving my sound. What can I do to fix this?
---
The best kind of pain is the painless kind
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/25/2013 5:54:20 PM
Install drivers for your sound card.
Your USB headphones use their own onboard sound device.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#3cookie_kid(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 6:19:50 PM
How do I do that? I thought my sound card was already installed since they were working fine about a month or so ago. Should I just uninstall it and then simply reinstall it? I just wanna make sure thats all I have to do because last time I tried that for my display adapter I couldn't see anything on my monitor until I had to jump through some complicated hoops to get it working again.
---
The best kind of pain is the painless kind
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/25/2013 7:10:10 PM
Go to the sound card manufacturer's website, download the drivers for your sound card, and install them.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64