This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What PC related false statements do you still see thrown around?

#31schadowPosted 10/25/2013 10:55:10 PM
The majority of people actually care about user replaceable RAM.
---
MageofBlood391 posted...
GameFAQs: Because if all else fails, you can always argue semantics.
#32ghostly12(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 6:48:10 AM
WyzeGye posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
It has nothing to do with common sense, many times viruses are completely beyond your control, like when you simply load a page and the ads infect you with malware. Without using some kind of security software like AdBlock or NoScript there was nothing you could have done. And don't bother saying it only happens on shady websites, you can get malware from big name reputable sites too, Gamefaqs has even had the problem before.

It's common sense to have adblock and noscript

Just like it's common sense to use an anti-virus. But no, it's not common sense to use NoScript especially, most non-tech savvy people would be flabbergasted if they had to try and manage what scripts are allowed to run and would likely defeat the purpose of having it by allowing all scripts to run on a page.

OmegaReaper21 posted...
I second this. You gave some bad analogies. You CANT future proof your computer. At some point, it will be obselete.

Of course it will be eventually, but that's not what people are talking about. Every time a topic comes up asking for a build where the TC says they want to future proof it so they don't have to upgrade for a while you always get that one person who has to post the same crap about how "U CANT FUTRE PROF A COMPTER" when you can in fact future proof them very well. Like my build, I built it back in April and didn't want to upgrade for a while. I will easily be set for 5 years no problem, but if I want to I can stick a second 7970 Ghz in my build and go for longer.
---
i7 3770 || HAF X Blue ||Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS|| 16GB G-Skill DDR3-1866 || Vapor-X 7970 Ghz || 840 Pro 126GB || Corsair H100i || WD Black 1TB || SeaSonic 750W
#33Orestes417Posted 10/26/2013 6:59:59 AM
Browser addons are completely worthless against attacks that don't use the browser as an entry point. One would think common sense would include that little tidbit
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#34MangorushXIIIPosted 10/26/2013 7:09:54 AM
PC gamers thinking they're getting Red Dead Redemption which never happen, made me laugh. Good times.
#35r0ge00Posted 10/26/2013 7:14:58 AM
ghostly12 posted...
Of course it will be eventually, but that's not what people are talking about. Every time a topic comes up asking for a build where the TC says they want to future proof it so they don't have to upgrade for a while you always get that one person who has to post the same crap about how "U CANT FUTRE PROF A COMPTER" when you can in fact future proof them very well. Like my build, I built it back in April and didn't want to upgrade for a while. I will easily be set for 5 years no problem, but if I want to I can stick a second 7970 Ghz in my build and go for longer.

For the amount of extra money the average person spends "future proofing" their PC, they could have saved the money and put it towards an actual upgrade at a later time that would make a much bigger difference in the long run. The exception being case and PSU (as long as you aren't trying to justify a 1000W PSU for stupid reasons).

On a similar line, some people still greatly overestimate the power you need to run single GPU and SLI/CF setups.
#36ThePCElitistPosted 10/26/2013 7:20:44 AM
PC has no games. This is the most common thing I see on the console boards. Oh and also this is my personal favorite below.

"I don't like 60 fps because it feels too fake. I prefer 30 fps to give my games that cinematic look."

Just LOL
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU