This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nope, still can't get used to f.lux

#1Frost_shock_FTWPosted 10/25/2013 6:57:17 PM
Managed to keep it on for almost 24 hours this time, but s***'s just too orange. I never have a problem going to sleep after using my monitor on full brightness.
---
You had to kill him. The boy cries you a sweater of tears, and you kill him.
Contacts in Profile
#2Orestes417Posted 10/25/2013 6:57:48 PM
adjust it for preference.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#3MaKhaosPosted 10/25/2013 7:03:44 PM
Perhaps the brightness of the monitor is overridden by the release of prolactin generated by activities you did before sleeping or while in the bed.
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#4Silent Sniper IVPosted 10/25/2013 7:14:50 PM
I never used to have problems, but a new monitor I got is freaking BLINDING. flux is a godsend, you can customize the levels. If you don't need it, don't use it I guess.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#5twopoundcowPosted 10/25/2013 7:15:48 PM
I reformatted a while back and I just released I never reinstalled f.lux. No wonder I've been having eye pain. Thanks, tc!
#6cody4783Posted 10/25/2013 7:26:28 PM(edited)
Never cared for it myself either.

Yeah you can tune it back, but by the time I tuned it back to the point it wasn't annoying me, I might as well have not been using it at all. Plus at the time it was terrible about deactivating for fullscreen applications, so I was always manually disabling it to play a game or watch a video.

I just make it a point to always play/browse in a well lit room, and avoid switching between pure darkness and bright white screens much.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#7Knighted DragonPosted 10/25/2013 7:38:55 PM
I don't even notice it anymore, except very rarely in games like Minecraft where everything looks like it's on fire. I stopped noticing it after like 5 minutes and after weeks of using it I definitely think it helps, it's helped my head aches greatly
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#8AsucaHayashiPosted 10/25/2013 8:26:05 PM
i've gotten so used to it that i keep it on 24/7... the "default" brightness of my monitor is now just too bright regardless of how light it is outside.

the only time i keep it off is when watching movies or playing games.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#9Mudkip57Posted 10/25/2013 9:38:50 PM
Chang the settings settings. It doesn't help you sleep so much as relieve excess strain on your eyes. Running an extended session without flux and then turning it on, I can immediately notice a different feeling in my eyes
#10AcquirePosted 10/25/2013 9:43:38 PM(edited)
Just get better lighting. That was my solution to release eye strain. It's bright as day in my PC room so my monitors never give me eye strain. Though if I turn off the lights at night it's almost unbearable looking in any direction towards the monitors, but that's why you always keep the lights on.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.