This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nope, still can't get used to f.lux

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nope, still can't get used to f.lux
2 years ago#1
Managed to keep it on for almost 24 hours this time, but s***'s just too orange. I never have a problem going to sleep after using my monitor on full brightness.
You had to kill him. The boy cries you a sweater of tears, and you kill him.
Contacts in Profile
2 years ago#2
adjust it for preference.
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
2 years ago#3
Perhaps the brightness of the monitor is overridden by the release of prolactin generated by activities you did before sleeping or while in the bed.
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
2 years ago#4
I never used to have problems, but a new monitor I got is freaking BLINDING. flux is a godsend, you can customize the levels. If you don't need it, don't use it I guess.
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
2 years ago#5
I reformatted a while back and I just released I never reinstalled f.lux. No wonder I've been having eye pain. Thanks, tc!
2 years ago#6
Never cared for it myself either.

Yeah you can tune it back, but by the time I tuned it back to the point it wasn't annoying me, I might as well have not been using it at all. Plus at the time it was terrible about deactivating for fullscreen applications, so I was always manually disabling it to play a game or watch a video.

I just make it a point to always play/browse in a well lit room, and avoid switching between pure darkness and bright white screens much.
2 years ago#7
I don't even notice it anymore, except very rarely in games like Minecraft where everything looks like it's on fire. I stopped noticing it after like 5 minutes and after weeks of using it I definitely think it helps, it's helped my head aches greatly
Matthew 7:21
2 years ago#8
i've gotten so used to it that i keep it on 24/7... the "default" brightness of my monitor is now just too bright regardless of how light it is outside.

the only time i keep it off is when watching movies or playing games.
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
2 years ago#9
Chang the settings settings. It doesn't help you sleep so much as relieve excess strain on your eyes. Running an extended session without flux and then turning it on, I can immediately notice a different feeling in my eyes
2 years ago#10
Just get better lighting. That was my solution to release eye strain. It's bright as day in my PC room so my monitors never give me eye strain. Though if I turn off the lights at night it's almost unbearable looking in any direction towards the monitors, but that's why you always keep the lights on.
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nope, still can't get used to f.lux

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived