This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Radeon 7950 causing pc to freeze on some games.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Radeon 7950 causing pc to freeze on some games.

User Info: Oldschool_DBZ

Oldschool_DBZ
3 years ago#1
After I put a Radeon 7950 in Marvel Heroes, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row 4, and Metro 2033 all cause the computer to go to a black screen and freeze. I tried reformatting a hard drive and reinstalling everything and they still do it. Battlefield 3, FarCry3, Skyrim, and WoW don't do it.
"The more things change, the more they stay the same" -Snake Plissken Escape from L.A.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#2
The Power of Radeom.

Did you uninstall your previous drivers and install the latest AMD drivers?
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64

Oldschool_DBZ
3 years ago#3
yeah I did that first then when it kept doing it I put in a different hard drive installed windows 7 and it still did it. try resetting the card and putting it in a different pcie slot and still causing pc to freeze on those games.
"The more things change, the more they stay the same" -Snake Plissken Escape from L.A.

User Info: Eli_Sama

Eli_Sama
3 years ago#4
Try underclocking your card, it may help. Use MSI Afterburner or AMD Overdrive
Asrock 970 DE3/U3S3 \ M12 II Bz 520w / Ballistik 12Gb DDR3 / Ocz 64Gb SSD / HDD 500Gb / XFX HD 7950 3Gb BE Oc / FX 8150 / Hyper Evo 212 / Haf 932 Advanced

Oldschool_DBZ
3 years ago#5
Eli_Sama posted...
Try underclocking your card, it may help. Use MSI Afterburner or AMD Overdrive

I had underclocked before but went back and underclocked even more, pretty sure it worked. I got to the same spot in saints row 4 where it had caused the pc to freeze every time before and now it doesn't freeze, have done it twice now and no freeze so I think that did it. thanks.

Is there any reason why I would have to underclock it so much? it doesn't overheat.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#6
Because the card isn't stable. If you have to underclock a lot, RMA.
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Radeon 7950 causing pc to freeze on some games.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived