This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West = Lazy console port

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West = Lazy console port
3 years ago#1
Graphics settings: 2 options...

-Resolution
-Gamma

:c

yes there are ini tweaks...you can change a whopping amount of gfx options: vsync, motion blur, aniso, multisample, custom res

Widely acknowledged crap performance. Texture steaming lags. (check the forums)

also http://i.imgur.com/Cpj1omR.png

This sucks because the game is actually good. Lazy console ports just grinds my gears.

Wait for teh sale bruhs
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
3 years ago#2
Has there ever been a game that hasn't been a lazy console port? Whatever the game is, some people are always complaining. I bought Enslaved and it runs at a rock solid 60 fps on my modest system and it looks gorgeous downsampled. What more can you even ask for?

Benjamin_Button posted...
yes there are ini tweaks...you can change a whopping amount of gfx options: vsync, motion blur, aniso, multisample, custom res

And that's not enough because...? Do you want to be able to turn off shadows for example?
3 years ago#3
temgun posted...
And that's not enough because...? Do you want to be able to turn off shadows for example?

what more can I ask for? this is a PC game in the year 2013. Not only are we not given such options in-game..they couldn't even add AntiAliasing for christs sakes. PC gaming has been revered for the the amount of options and enhancements that are added to our games. If i want a console game, i would get it for a console. You're clearly a scrub. Its people like you who make these types of actions seem acceptable.

temgun posted...
Has there ever been a game that hasn't been a lazy console port?

im lmfao @ u

any other plebs?
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
3 years ago#4
I wanted DmC, but I didn't want it in 30FPS (seriously who thought that was a good idea...all of the other DMC games were 60FPS), so I waited and bought it off of Steam instead of getting it on my 360. Same with Castlevania: LoS...it's otherwise good game that looked great, but was hampered by poor frame rates on the consoles. So I picked it up for the PC.

Am I a console peasant scrub pleb-whatever?
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
3 years ago#5
KabtheMentat posted...
I wanted DmC
Am I a console peasant scrub pleb-whatever?

Absolutely.
3 years ago#6
Oh God, you're one of those people.
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
3 years ago#7
KabtheMentat posted...
Oh God, you're one of those people.

Somebody who actually plays action games? Sure. So I know a bad one when I see it.
3 years ago#8
Topic is full of fail
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
3 years ago#9
Fade2black001 posted...
Topic is full of fail

Have I gone back in time to 10 years ago?
3 years ago#10
I was just gunna ask if I should get this or DX:HR. Since I've played them both (DX about 30 times, Enslaved like twice).
What do you think TC?
Go on, you just keep running. But I'll always be there to bring you back!
-Official Isa of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board-
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West = Lazy console port

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived