This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West = Lazy console port

#1Benjamin_ButtonPosted 10/26/2013 3:36:18 AM(edited)
Graphics settings: 2 options...

-Resolution
-Gamma

:c

yes there are ini tweaks...you can change a whopping amount of gfx options: vsync, motion blur, aniso, multisample, custom res

Widely acknowledged crap performance. Texture steaming lags. (check the forums)

also http://i.imgur.com/Cpj1omR.png

This sucks because the game is actually good. Lazy console ports just grinds my gears.

Wait for teh sale bruhs
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#2temgunPosted 10/26/2013 3:56:27 AM
Has there ever been a game that hasn't been a lazy console port? Whatever the game is, some people are always complaining. I bought Enslaved and it runs at a rock solid 60 fps on my modest system and it looks gorgeous downsampled. What more can you even ask for?

Benjamin_Button posted...
yes there are ini tweaks...you can change a whopping amount of gfx options: vsync, motion blur, aniso, multisample, custom res

And that's not enough because...? Do you want to be able to turn off shadows for example?
#3Benjamin_Button(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 4:17:58 AM(edited)
temgun posted...
And that's not enough because...? Do you want to be able to turn off shadows for example?

what more can I ask for? this is a PC game in the year 2013. Not only are we not given such options in-game..they couldn't even add AntiAliasing for christs sakes. PC gaming has been revered for the the amount of options and enhancements that are added to our games. If i want a console game, i would get it for a console. You're clearly a scrub. Its people like you who make these types of actions seem acceptable.

temgun posted...
Has there ever been a game that hasn't been a lazy console port?

im lmfao @ u

any other plebs?
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#4KabtheMentatPosted 10/26/2013 5:10:06 AM
I wanted DmC, but I didn't want it in 30FPS (seriously who thought that was a good idea...all of the other DMC games were 60FPS), so I waited and bought it off of Steam instead of getting it on my 360. Same with Castlevania: LoS...it's otherwise good game that looked great, but was hampered by poor frame rates on the consoles. So I picked it up for the PC.

Am I a console peasant scrub pleb-whatever?
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#5ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/26/2013 5:12:48 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
I wanted DmC
Am I a console peasant scrub pleb-whatever?

Absolutely.
#6KabtheMentatPosted 10/26/2013 5:15:59 AM
Oh God, you're one of those people.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#7ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/26/2013 5:28:39 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
Oh God, you're one of those people.

Somebody who actually plays action games? Sure. So I know a bad one when I see it.
#8Fade2black001Posted 10/26/2013 6:13:11 AM
Topic is full of fail
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#9ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/26/2013 6:22:36 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
Topic is full of fail

Have I gone back in time to 10 years ago?
#10unknowninfo775Posted 10/26/2013 6:24:59 AM
I was just gunna ask if I should get this or DX:HR. Since I've played them both (DX about 30 times, Enslaved like twice).
What do you think TC?
---
Go on, you just keep running. But I'll always be there to bring you back!
-Official Isa of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board-