This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mass effect framerate

#1MuxTheBestPosted 10/26/2013 12:13:51 PM
Hey guys, so I picked up mass effect on steam after getting some recommendations here (hyped to get it going!) but I'm having framerate issues? Canirunit says I'm more than good. And I've been playing dmc4, dragon age, gta 4, dead space 2, bioshock 2 and skyrim all with no problems at all. But I'm experiencing like 17 fps in mass effect. Anyone have any pointers?
---
whoever said "it doesn't matter if you win or lose" probably lost
#2KabtheMentatPosted 10/26/2013 12:33:46 PM
Um, you should be able to go into the .ini file and change the frame rate cap. I think it's like 60 normally, I changed mine to 120.

What hardware do you have BTW? Mass Effect is a very bad port, also.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#3josh_bPosted 10/26/2013 5:45:19 PM
never experienced any framerate issues in any of the mass effect games.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#4r7gerrabbitPosted 10/26/2013 5:47:04 PM
Mass Effect 1? Are you running it on Windows 7/8?

Go to the EXE, right click it, select "Properties".
Run it as administrator, and Windows XP compatibility mode. That fixes any problems for me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#5PhilOnDezPosted 10/26/2013 5:52:32 PM
KabtheMentat posted...

Is any game that doesn't run perfectly a bad port? Bioware was planning on making it PC exclusive but MS paid to port it to 360 at the last minute, if you think it runs bad on PC you should play the 360 version, god forbid the PS3 version that came out last year.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#6KabtheMentatPosted 10/26/2013 6:00:34 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

Is any game that doesn't run perfectly a bad port? Bioware was planning on making it PC exclusive but MS paid to port it to 360 at the last minute, if you think it runs bad on PC you should play the 360 version, god forbid the PS3 version that came out last year.

I have it for the 360, bought it when it originally came out, it didn't run well on that either.

However it is a bad port. And yes, the PC version is a port. Not the 360 version.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson