This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need game recommendations!

#21SinisterSlayPosted 11/7/2013 12:00:15 PM
wizardmon posted...
Dust: An Elysian Tail - A enjoyable 'metroidvania' platformer with fast combat, upgrades for your character and a cute catlike bat thing that follows you around.

Hotline Miami - Topdown shooter with a great 80s soundtrack, intense unforgiving combat that gives you a challenge.

Mount & Blade: Warband - Start from peasant and climb your way to king/queen, gather a band of jolly screaming nord huscarls and watch the axes fly...

The Chronicle Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay/Assult on Dark Athena - Escape from butcher bay was a lot better than Dark Athena, but for first person stealth and melee there are really no better games for this. I honestly wish more games where made like Escape from butcher bay.

I agree with these
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#22PyrotechnixxxPosted 11/7/2013 12:07:08 PM
If you ever want to co-op on SRIV or Sniper Elite, let me know.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/InfantSandwich/

As far as recommendations go:
Total War: Shogun 2
Terraria
WB Humble Bundle
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army is good for co-op if you can get it cheap
Skyrim (with mods I'm using 2.5 GB of my VRAM, and it is delightful)
The Binding Of Isaac
Left 4 Dead 2 (Grab it during a Steam Sale)
Far Cry 3

Just to name a few that popped into my head.
---
Fear is a leash.
#23lost_withinPosted 11/7/2013 12:18:20 PM
Yeah the WB Humble Bundle is certainly worth picking up... I don't know about the other games but the Batman games are worth the $4.64 them selves alone...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#24lost_withinPosted 11/7/2013 12:19:32 PM
Oh and the game War Thunder is pretty fun but watch out for the "rammers"...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#25LevittaPosted 11/7/2013 1:02:30 PM
Ys: The Oath in Felghana - An excellent Action RPG with some really intense boss fights and superb music. Music example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXHtkHlLcxQ

Ys: Origin - See above, only there are three story modes each one giving control of a different character, which play very differently from each other.

Ys: 1&2 Chronicles + - A remake of the first two games in the series. The combat is pretty dated, but can still be a lot of fun.

Half Minute Hero - The main mode crams every RPG convention from talking to NPCs in town to battling bosses into 30 second segments of frantic game play, which requires good planning to complete.(the timer can be reset if certain conditions are met and is frozen in town) A very unique game, which also has great music.

Mark of the Ninja - A great 2D stealth game which does a great job balancing the feeling of being ninja that's still a vulnerable human.

Metro 2033 - A very atmospheric post-apocalyptic shooter.

Warframe - Currently in beta, but its a pretty fun co-op 3rd person shooter where you play as space ninjas.
---
Trails in the Sky has some of the best writing and most fleshed out world I've seen in a RPG. Now coming to Steam Winter 2013. Sequel confirmed Summer 2014
#26chase1234life(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 1:42:04 PM
Bump
---
http://www.last.fm/user/chasewolf
J.O.B. Squad 4 life