This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Razer Systems worth the money? Overrated, overpriced, or just fine?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Razer Systems worth the money? Overrated, overpriced, or just fine?
3 years ago#21
KamenRiderBlade posted...
get a MSI GS70

Yes, because everyone wants a 17.3" desktop replacement laptop.

Am I the only person here who likes 14" laptops?
Fear is a leash.
3 years ago#22
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
KamenRiderBlade posted...
get a MSI GS70

One of the original laptops the TC asked about was a 17" variant

So I responded with a 17" variant.

I don't see the problem here?

If you want to recommend a gaming grade laptop that is 14" and thin, go ahead.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
3 years ago#23
In my experiences, Razer is very hit or miss. For instance, I had a Copperhead and Deathadder and both right clicks died on me in less than 6 months. Then I have a 2nd Deathadder that is going on ~2 years now and a Tarantula (keyboard) that is going on 5 years.

Some of their stuff is overpriced, and some of their stuff is targeted to very niche markets. For instance, I believe their laptops are overpriced. However, the Edge (tablet) is really the only product in its market (gaming tablets), so I can understand the high price tag.
3 years ago#24
Quote:KamenRiderBlade posted...
get a MSI GS70

@Pyrotechnixxx

Got a 15.5" and can't imagine having a 17" laptop.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
3 years ago#25
Dragnfyr posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...
It's pretty much the same as buying a Mac in the sense that you're just buying an overpriced logo and could get an equally powerful laptop for a much cheaper price elsewhere.

Right...
Try and find a laptop with equivalent hardware of a Macbook Air along with 12+ hours of battery and a fantastic trackpad for much less than than $1099. Try and find an ultra high resolution laptop with similar hardware to the 13" Macbook Pro with Retina display for much less than $1300.

WE'VE HIT A NERVE, CAPTAIN!

All hands to the fan-boy cannons!
3 years ago#26
ctrl_alt_de1337 posted...
Dragnfyr posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...
It's pretty much the same as buying a Mac in the sense that you're just buying an overpriced logo and could get an equally powerful laptop for a much cheaper price elsewhere.

Right...
Try and find a laptop with equivalent hardware of a Macbook Air along with 12+ hours of battery and a fantastic trackpad for much less than than $1099. Try and find an ultra high resolution laptop with similar hardware to the Macbook Pro with Retina display for much less than $1300.

WE'VE HIT A NERVE, CAPTAIN!

All hands to the fan-boy cannons!

This so much.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
3 years ago#27
It's actually difficult to find a Windows laptop with similar specs to the Macbooks at all, because very few Windows laptops have both a U processor and an Iris 5000 series Intel GPU. Most PC manufacturers opt to for the i5-4200U (which comes with a HD 4400 GPU), either reserving the Iris 5000s GPUs for quad cores or skipping it altogether and use switchable graphics--both these solutions kill battery life.

As far as I know, the Zenbook Infinity is the only Windows laptop with a 15W TDP processor and a Iris 5000s GPU.
"...Ashley takes on Lord Blazer alone in a white cape with flowing rockstar hair while playing his impossibly cool sword as a guitar..." - LBoksha
3 years ago#28
overpriced and poorly made.
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Razer Systems worth the money? Overrated, overpriced, or just fine?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived