This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Razer Systems worth the money? Overrated, overpriced, or just fine?

#21PyrotechnixxxPosted 10/27/2013 4:19:59 PM
KamenRiderBlade posted...
get a MSI GS70

Yes, because everyone wants a 17.3" desktop replacement laptop.

Am I the only person here who likes 14" laptops?
---
Fear is a leash.
#22KamenRiderBladePosted 10/27/2013 5:42:45 PM
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
KamenRiderBlade posted...
get a MSI GS70

One of the original laptops the TC asked about was a 17" variant

So I responded with a 17" variant.

I don't see the problem here?

If you want to recommend a gaming grade laptop that is 14" and thin, go ahead.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#23iscareu13Posted 10/27/2013 5:47:04 PM
In my experiences, Razer is very hit or miss. For instance, I had a Copperhead and Deathadder and both right clicks died on me in less than 6 months. Then I have a 2nd Deathadder that is going on ~2 years now and a Tarantula (keyboard) that is going on 5 years.

Some of their stuff is overpriced, and some of their stuff is targeted to very niche markets. For instance, I believe their laptops are overpriced. However, the Edge (tablet) is really the only product in its market (gaming tablets), so I can understand the high price tag.
#2401Philip01Posted 10/27/2013 8:08:43 PM
Quote:KamenRiderBlade posted...
get a MSI GS70

@Pyrotechnixxx

Got a 15.5" and can't imagine having a 17" laptop.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#25ctrl_alt_de1337Posted 10/27/2013 9:12:34 PM
Dragnfyr posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...
It's pretty much the same as buying a Mac in the sense that you're just buying an overpriced logo and could get an equally powerful laptop for a much cheaper price elsewhere.

Right...
Try and find a laptop with equivalent hardware of a Macbook Air along with 12+ hours of battery and a fantastic trackpad for much less than than $1099. Try and find an ultra high resolution laptop with similar hardware to the 13" Macbook Pro with Retina display for much less than $1300.

WE'VE HIT A NERVE, CAPTAIN!

All hands to the fan-boy cannons!
#26PraetorXynPosted 10/27/2013 10:58:31 PM
ctrl_alt_de1337 posted...
Dragnfyr posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...
It's pretty much the same as buying a Mac in the sense that you're just buying an overpriced logo and could get an equally powerful laptop for a much cheaper price elsewhere.

Right...
Try and find a laptop with equivalent hardware of a Macbook Air along with 12+ hours of battery and a fantastic trackpad for much less than than $1099. Try and find an ultra high resolution laptop with similar hardware to the Macbook Pro with Retina display for much less than $1300.

WE'VE HIT A NERVE, CAPTAIN!

All hands to the fan-boy cannons!

This so much.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#27DoramiPosted 10/27/2013 11:04:24 PM
It's actually difficult to find a Windows laptop with similar specs to the Macbooks at all, because very few Windows laptops have both a U processor and an Iris 5000 series Intel GPU. Most PC manufacturers opt to for the i5-4200U (which comes with a HD 4400 GPU), either reserving the Iris 5000s GPUs for quad cores or skipping it altogether and use switchable graphics--both these solutions kill battery life.

As far as I know, the Zenbook Infinity is the only Windows laptop with a 15W TDP processor and a Iris 5000s GPU.
---
"...Ashley takes on Lord Blazer alone in a white cape with flowing rockstar hair while playing his impossibly cool sword as a guitar..." - LBoksha
#28claytonbuckleyPosted 10/27/2013 11:08:42 PM
overpriced and poorly made.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling