This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I love hiphop but...

#71steveboblarryPosted 10/27/2013 7:49:22 PM(edited)
macheteman posted...
i guess its still cool for the nerd population to hate anything popular, whether it be a popular game, popular music, or popular movies...

Katy perry is popular and I love her, she is a beautiful white Nubian queen
---
The moderators are like the watchmen, They need to be watched
#72lastoutlaw113Posted 10/27/2013 7:58:41 PM
macheteman posted...
i guess its still cool for the nerd population to hate anything popular, whether it be a popular game, popular music, or popular movies...

No, it's just that Drake is genuinely terrible.
---
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we're on.
http://bigboss113.deviantart.com/
#73DerPancakePosted 10/27/2013 8:02:33 PM
TheDrizzuh posted...
macheteman posted...

Probably because almost everything in pop culture is made to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I love when people say this.
---
Megagunstarman
you do know that the ps4 has ddr5 ram right? with the speed that the ps4s ram downloads at it would only take a few seconds to download killzone
#74fatboy44Posted 10/27/2013 8:04:52 PM
WyzeGye posted...
TheMoonJumper posted...
Deltron 3030 is Hip-Hop.
#75TheDrizzuhPosted 10/27/2013 8:10:06 PM
DerPancake posted...
TheDrizzuh posted...
macheteman posted...

Probably because almost everything in pop culture is made to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I love when people say this.

Sorry but I try to flip through the channels on my basic cable but I can't watch anything besides CN or ESPN. I can't stand anything on the radio besides NPR (lol).Most popluar video games are boring (CoD, Bf4, etc), not really in pop culture unless you make the case that the all of the internet is pop culture. All of this is my opinion of course.
---
"I won! %@#$ you! You are dumb. I have crushed you."
--Wooz
#76machetemanPosted 10/27/2013 8:17:01 PM(edited)
this is how it goes down:

cool nerd sees or hears obnoxious/annoying person

obnoxious/annoying person is most likely singing popular music in annoying or obnoxious manner

cool nerd immediately dislikes and makes fun of said music because he associates the two together

cool nerd never actually listens to said music on his/her own.

thats how it works..
#77steveboblarryPosted 10/27/2013 8:16:04 PM
macheteman posted...
this is how it goes down:

cool nerd sees or hears obnoxious/annoying person

obnoxious/annoying person is singing popular music

cool nerd immediately dislikes and makes fun of said music because he associates the two together, without ever actually listening to said music on his/her own.

thats how it works..

Drake's versace verse is nice

Everything else he does is passable. He can be a good rapper its just when he tries to sing >.>
---
The moderators are like the watchmen, They need to be watched
#78Zohar_MetatronPosted 10/27/2013 8:24:04 PM
Topic gets stamp of approval for making me check out Deltron 3030.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#79STG DeathbotPosted 10/27/2013 8:32:13 PM
WerdnAndreW posted...
I *told* you the Drake was bad! I hate the Drake!

I'm not reading through eight pages, but I'm hoping I'm not the only one to get this reference.
---
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 8GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | SLi eVGA GTX 670 4GB VRAM 1006/1084/6008 | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440
#80huyiPosted 10/27/2013 8:33:39 PM
WyzeGye posted...
Drake isn't hip hop

LOL at tc calling drake's music hip hop XD
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD7750 8GB RAM 2TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ