This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you use Game Booster, even if your system is powerful?

#11TheC0ndemnedOne(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 1:43:59 PM
zxelman posted...
From my experience, the program still has games getting a lower FPS on older computers.

All it should be doing is suspending some Windows operations so more resources can be used for the game, but while I know newer computers don't benefit from this, it doesn't do one single good thing on older computers as far as I've seen for myself.

One of my friends plays League of Legends all the time, and he used to use some basic Dell Inspiron laptop (before I helped him build a PC with a 3570K and a 7950). I told him to try Game Booster, and it greatly improved his performance. 10-20 fps, I think. I think he might still use it.

Of course, Game Booster is mainly designed to stop processes that are useless while gaming, which helps free up some RAM and processing power, which pretty much means it helps those that aren't very good with computers (the type of people that install a bunch of stuff they don't know much about and just click "OK" on every menu when installing stuff) the most.

To most, I'm considered very good with computers, and my computer itself is also very good, but I still find myself using Game Booster.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#12Dukaduka1k82Posted 10/27/2013 1:48:42 PM
I tried it but it kept messing with my power settings. It would switch from my default setting of High Performance to High Performance that was set up like entertainment mode. Also when it would switch back to my normal High Performance mode it would screw with my "dim monitor" and "hybernate" timers.
---
Asus i7-3610QM @ 2.3Ghz, 16gig ram, Nvidia 660m 2Gb, 1Tb hdd @ 7200rpm
#13NingishzidaPosted 10/27/2013 2:04:13 PM
Kalammer posted...
I try to avoid installing malware intentionally.
#14JKatarnPosted 10/27/2013 2:43:28 PM
zxelman posted...
From my experience, the program still has games getting a lower FPS on older computers.

All it should be doing is suspending some Windows operations so more resources can be used for the game, but while I know newer computers don't benefit from this, it doesn't do one single good thing on older computers as far as I've seen for myself.

I can't see this really improving your performance unless your system is bogged down with tons of software and running processes - even then it's more like getting back your original performance, it's not going to work miracles and turn a Core 2 Duo clunker with a GTX 520 into a modern machine. Also have to love how the only two testimonials on the site are from a random reviewer at a download site and some random Brazilian dude...lol
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#15JKatarnPosted 10/27/2013 2:45:07 PM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
zxelman posted...

One of my friends plays League of Legends all the time, and he used to use some basic Dell Inspiron laptop (before I helped him build a PC with a 3570K and a 7950). I told him to try Game Booster, and it greatly improved his performance. 10-20 fps, I think. I think he might still use it.

Of course, Game Booster is mainly designed to stop processes that are useless while gaming, which helps free up some RAM and processing power, which pretty much means it helps those that aren't very good with computers (the type of people that install a bunch of stuff they don't know much about and just click "OK" on every menu when installing stuff) the most.

To most, I'm considered very good with computers, and my computer itself is also very good, but I still find myself using Game Booster.

Right, so it doesn't so much "boost" game performance as turn off processes that shouldn't be running in the first place because many people don't have the common sense/intelligence to not download and install bunches of random software.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES