This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts about the next gen consoles

#11tirn33(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 5:41:55 PM
The point of the question was how much value are current consoles. Every year they last is more value.

Of course PC (and newer hardware) is always better but HOW much better. If I told you in 5 years PC is still gaming at 1080p for most people then console gets even more value. If PC gamers were at 4k resolution next year because of a super advancement, console value would be low.

Consoles have some great exclusive games and are a great value. But how much of a value do you think?
#12DiehardFFv2Posted 10/27/2013 5:48:11 PM
tirn33 posted...
The point of the question was how much value are current consoles. Every year they last is more value.

Of course PC (and newer hardware) is always better but HOW much better. If I told you in 5 years PC is still gaming at 1080p for most people then console gets even more value. If PC gamers were at 4k resolution next year because of a super advancement, console value would be low.

Consoles have some great exclusive games and are a great value. But how much of a value do you think?

Speaking of value...

How many people do you really know that are still using Launch Consoles, especially with the Xbox 360? Not that I'm directing this at you, but console fans always tout lower hardware costs but I don't know a single person that has only had to buy one Xbox unless they bought it in the past year or so. For one reason or another, a good number are on at least their second, if not third or fourth system.
---
Intel i5 3570k | Sapphire r9 280x | 8GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD