This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how's this custom pc

#1king_maddenPosted 10/27/2013 5:18:17 PM
This is being sold for $60 so I'm not expecting anything special and ffairly terrible, but I need a pc quickly and looking for something cheap would this be something to work with and maybe upgrade one day to a good enough gaming pc (mainly rts)

-2.7GHz AM3 energy efficient Athlon II X2
- 4GB DDR3 RAM
- 160GB HDD
- Apevia XQPack case with built-in handle.
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
- VGA, DVI and HDMI
- Gigabit networking
- Includes Keyboard and mouse only.
- $80 OBO.
#2PhilOnDezPosted 10/27/2013 5:39:48 PM
It's alright, if it comes with a full copy of windows and not a pirated version it's fine for the price. It doesn't have a gpu though and it's only a (very old) dual core cpu. Aside from the windows and possibly the ram there's not really much worth saving as far as upgrading goes so don't buy it with that as your intention. RTS games tend to be CPU heavy so don't expect a dual core Athlon to keep up.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#3king_madden(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 5:53:03 PM
Ok cool thanks for all the info
#4JockoPosted 10/27/2013 9:20:44 PM
Yeah that's actually a really good price for what you're getting. As far as upgrading then yeah PhilOnDez is right about RTS games and that processor would struggle a bit. Otherwise if you were into less CPU intensive games I would recommend throwing an HD7777 ghz in there and you could play something like Tomb Raider at medium settings.
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#5KabtheMentatPosted 10/27/2013 9:24:27 PM
Depending on the motherboard you have, you might've lucked out and can use it as a basis for a decent gaming PC because if it's AM3+ then you could get a FX8350. Which is a pretty good CPU and has a good price/performance ratio.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson