This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Novice PC Gamer, Looking For Games

#1Metsfan5162Posted 10/27/2013 7:00:09 PM
Long time console gamer here, built a nice gaming PC and looking for some nice games to accommodate it

Since I've bought the PC, Witcher 2 and Guild Wars have been the 2 games I've spent most my time playing.

When it comes to games I've played already on consoles this gen: Skyrim, Far Cry 3, all ME and DA games.

I'm looking for something high octane or a simple RPG (Like Dragon Quest 8)

Any suggestions?

Bioshock Infinite is an option as well as Dishonored (although I dislike stealth oriented games)
---
PSN:dVl_05
3DS Friend Code: 3368-1665-0121
#2KabtheMentatPosted 10/27/2013 7:18:45 PM
You should go with Bioshock Infinite.

Mount and Blade Warband gets mentioned a lot around here, and for good reason. It's a great game. Looks like ****, but is a lot of fun.

There are some console ports that are pretty good. I recently got Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and it's way better than the console version, which was already pretty good. On sale at Amazon for $15 right now.

Also, bookmark this page http://www.cheapshark.com/
You'll get a lot of use out of it IMO.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#3TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 10/27/2013 7:20:27 PM(edited)
I really enjoyed BioShock Infinite, but it goes on sale pretty often. I'd wait.
Edit: Looks like GMG has a good deal on it. Go for it.

Here are some random games that I thought of:
*Hotline Miami
*Rogue Legacy
*FTL: Faster Than Light
*Garry's Mod (It's a sandbox game with a lot of gamemodes. It works best with Counter-Strike: Source installed and some other Source titles. It can be as strategic or fast-paced as whatever gamemode you're playing. I like Trouble in Terrorist Town and Prop Hunt)
*Borderlands 2
*Deus Ex: Human Revolution
*Fallout series (the originals: 1, 2, and arguably Tactics, which are classic computer RPGs -- and the new ones: 3 and New Vegas, which are sort of similar to Skyrim)

There are also many, many older PC games which are great. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, though.

Also, care to share your PC specs or any pics of your system?
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#41618dudePosted 10/27/2013 7:23:51 PM
Well, why don't you try Skyrim again, but with some mods? If you enjoyed the console version, you will never look back when you play the PC one. Dragon Age plays pretty different as well and you can use mods too. I'm not so sure about Mass Effect, but, well, it's better on PC, I guess (unless, for some reason, you prefer controllers for these games).

Honestly, I don't really know what you could play. Did you already browser some games on Steam or GOG (if you fancy some classics or indies games, it's always good to visit there).

Shadow Warrior is pretty fun. Awesome melee combat for a FPS, Mount and Blade have horrible graphics, but the gameplay is great and very satisfying.

Xcom Enemy Unknown is very good and I'm looking forward for the expansion.

Since you mentioned some simple RPGs, I don't like jrpgs but maybe you could try the YS series. I only played YS Origins and it's been quite some time since that, but I actually enjoyed.

Since you played TW2, why don't you try the first one too? Some people hate the combat, but well, I think it still is a good game to try, and, you can import you save to TW2.
#5Ultimate_UmbreoPosted 10/27/2013 7:24:18 PM
Mount and Blade Warband. Not high octane but ****ing fun.
Battlefield 2/2142 if you'll be able to get around or less than 100 ping. Might not be too high octane but my fav FPSs of all time.
Tribes: Ascend. Free to play and a freaking blast. Definitely high octane with skiing.
---
http://i.imgur.com/M47pyxj.png http://i.imgur.com/ftCGgQx.jpg
#6Metsfan5162(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 7:25:45 PM
Thanks to both of you!

I've played fallout to death on consoles lol, but the rest of the suggestions I'll look into

That website seems very useful as well
---
#7Metsfan5162(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 7:29:01 PM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
I really enjoyed BioShock Infinite, but it goes on sale pretty often. I'd wait

Also, care to share your PC specs or any pics of your system?

Hm these are the specs I think are important (my friends are the PC wizes, not me)

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-3570k CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.80 GHz

RAM: 8gb

It's a GIGABYTE
---
#8StealthlysPosted 10/27/2013 7:29:53 PM
I agree with the person who said mounting the blade.
#9Metsfan5162(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 7:31:30 PM
I'm looking at Mount and Blade Warband, don't quite get it

Is it story oriented?
---
#10zxelmanPosted 10/27/2013 7:51:51 PM(edited)
Metsfan5162 posted...
I'm looking at Mount and Blade Warband, don't quite get it

Is it story oriented?

Some people like immersing themselves in it. But it's really more gameplay oriented with decisions you make as a leader of your army. Story's only a part of it.

It's got an interesting combat system, though it looks dull if you don't know what's going on.