This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ok, so I bought Arma 3... I don't see the appeal.

#1bsballa09Posted 10/27/2013 9:22:35 PM(edited)
I don't see the fun in having to travel an hour across a map just to finally see an enemy, and then die, and have to do it all over again. Wasteland is ok, except it's almost always completely unorganized and people just go around doing their own thing. I've watched DayZ videos for Arma 2, and it looks fun. Sadly there is no DayZ for Arma 3 unless you have Arma 2 and it's DLC. I thought I would like Wasteland since it's kind of like DayZ, but there's way too many guns, vehicles, etc to get in the game for it to actually feel like a survival game. And many of the servers don't save your progress. I also don't see a way to be able to just have a team death match or death match in a small part of the map like any other normal FPS. If there is a way to do that, I haven't found it yet. Not only that, the game is buggy as hell. Still feels like it should be in a beta. Maybe it will grow on me, but right now, I'm having more fun with Insurgency which is still in beta and was only 20 dollars.
---
Assad is a doctor. It's insulting to suggest any doctor would actively order chemical weapons be employed onto civilians. - jabini
#2Orestes417Posted 10/27/2013 9:25:10 PM
It's a simulator, a highly moddable one at that, meant to be played in a group for the most part. You sound like you were expecting Battlefield, which is very nearly the polar opposite
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#3TimePharaohPosted 10/27/2013 9:25:46 PM
Well gee whiz probably because it's a sim and not a derp FPS kid, next time do five seconds of research.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#4bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 9:29:25 PM(edited)
You post that like I didn't know it was a sim. Just because it's a sim doesn't mean it's a good sim. If you want to use the "realism" or "it's a sim" excuse, you shouldn't be able to respawn.
---
Assad is a doctor. It's insulting to suggest any doctor would actively order chemical weapons be employed onto civilians. - jabini
#5TimePharaohPosted 10/27/2013 9:32:02 PM
bsballa09 posted...
You post that like I didn't know it was a sim.

Apparently you didn't because otherwise you wouldn't be upset that you got what you thought you were getting or complain about its mechanics, that there isn't a COD deathmatch, and don't like it but want Day Z. Typical derp kid.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#6bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 9:33:20 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
bsballa09 posted...
You post that like I didn't know it was a sim.

Apparently you didn't because otherwise you wouldn't be upset that you got what you thought you were getting or complain about its mechanics, that there isn't a COD deathmatch, and don't like it but want Day Z. Typical derp kid.

Apparently the game not giving more game mode options and being buggy is my fault.
---
#7SaintZetsuPosted 10/27/2013 9:34:44 PM
You say you expected a sim but expected team death match? OK.
---
3DS FC: 0516 - 7479 - 8916
#8bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 9:37:59 PM(edited)
SaintZetsu posted...

Apparently the two are mutually exclusive.

So let me get this straight. The game is a sim when it's on a huge island, but it's not a sim when it confines you to a certain part of the island for a team death match? If you want to use the "it's a sim" excuse, then the game isn't a sim because you are just confined to the island and can't go to the rest of the world. Great logic there.
---
#9MortalDangerPosted 10/27/2013 9:40:25 PM
bsballa09 posted...
SaintZetsu posted...

Apparently the two are mutually exclusive.

So let me get this straight. The game is a sim when it's on a huge island, but it's not a sim when it confines you to a certain part of the island for a team death match? If you want to use the "it's a sim" excuse, then the game isn't a sim because you are just confined to the island and can't go to the rest of the world. Great logic there.

---
God Bless America.
#10Orestes417Posted 10/27/2013 9:40:36 PM
You want a tdm mode, build a mod for it. Just don't be shocked when no one plays it because it entirely misses the point of the series. Other games exist for that and they do it far better. Other games don't tend to do realistic combined arms in a team based environment.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.