This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just need a little help with a PC build..

#1alons1293Posted 10/27/2013 10:46:40 PM(edited)
Hi guys. I've never build a pc before from scratch, but now that I have some money I was looking to do so.

I want something that would be enough for next-gen games, and when I say enough I mean be able to play at 1080p/high settings with good Frames . I dont plan to play on higher resolutions than 1080 or with multiple monitors. And I would like something that at least can last me 3-5years without doing a huge upgrade to it.

Ive picked some parts that with some research I think are enough, but still need some help to see if there is something else I can change. Im with a budget, probably no more than $1200. Also take into account that I dont live in the US, so I need to ship everything to my country and that is kinda expensive. (Basically I'm buying everything from Amazon, so good deals in other website may not work for me)

But well, here is the link.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1U8Hf (I know there are cheaper cases that may work, but probably a friend will sell me that one cheaper)

Thank you in advance!
---
Guild Wars2 ~ Abysswalker
#2Dynast_KingPosted 10/27/2013 10:51:32 PM
Do you plan on overclocking? If not then you don't need the k CPU, nor the cooling unit (the stock fan will be enough). You'll also want to ditch that PSU and go with anything from Corsair instead, preferably with a bronze or silver efficiency rating. You can't gimp out on the PSU since it could literally fry your entire PC.

The graphics card could also be swapped out for anything from the Raedon 7000 series, but I guess that just depends on whether or not you want to run on ultra settings. I'm beginner with this stuff too, but from what I've seen, the 7870 should be more than enough, and it's cheaper too.

And yeah, personally I think that that case is too expensive. Corsair is a good manufacturer though so look into what they have. They'd have better cases for cheaper prices imo.

And do you absolutely need the SSD or no?
---
"Undying, we Occuria light the path for wayward sons of man. Oft did we pass judgment on them so that Ivalice might endure."
#3josh_bPosted 10/27/2013 10:54:53 PM(edited)
looks good other than the fact that your GPU has only 2gb of vram. I would seriously consider getting a card that has at least 3gb's and 4gb's would be even better.

Can't guarantee that your going to get high settings with that though. in a year or 2 your probably going to have to over clock that CPU and possibly buy a second GPU for SLI or sell the one you have at that time and upgrade to something slightly beefier.

I would drop the SSD and get a cheaper case and see if you can work up to a GTX 770 at least
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#4alons1293(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 11:03:48 PM
Dynast_King posted...
Do you plan on overclocking? If not then you don't need the k CPU, nor the cooling unit (the stock fan will be enough). You'll also want to ditch that PSU and go with anything from Corsair instead, preferably with a bronze or silver efficiency rating. You can't gimp out on the PSU since it could literally fry your entire PC.

The graphics card could also be swapped out for anything from the Raedon 7000 series, but I guess that just depends on whether or not you want to run on ultra settings. I'm beginner with this stuff too, but from what I've seen, the 7870 should be more than enough, and it's cheaper too.

And yeah, personally I think that that case is too expensive. Corsair is a good manufacturer though so look into what they have. They'd have better cases for cheaper prices imo.

Actually I would do some OC, even if not since the beginning, I would rather have something that allows me to do it. Also the GPU I think is the most important piece, I dont want to go cheap there and regret it. It would be either the 760 or something better. And I dont need the SSD, but It would be nice to have it, so as long im within the budget is ok. But If I need to spend more money to improve something else I would gladly remove the SSD and get it later.

josh_b posted...
looks good other than the fact that your GPU has only 2gb of vram. I would seriously consider getting a card that has at least 3gb's and 4gb's would be even better.

Can't guarantee that your going to get high settings with that though. in a year or 2 your probably going to have to over clock that CPU and possibly buy a second GPU for SLI or sell the one you have at that time and upgrade to something slightly beefier.

I would drop the SSD and get a cheaper case and see if you can work up to a GTX 770 at least

Is there anything else better than the 760 but not as expensive as the 770? I dont know if something like the new R9 280x from amd could work? And also, for that I would need a PSU with more w or 650 is enough?
---
Guild Wars2 ~ Abysswalker
#5a687947Posted 10/27/2013 11:29:40 PM
alons1293 posted...
Dynast_King posted...

Actually I would do some OC, even if not since the beginning, I would rather have something that allows me to do it. Also the GPU I think is the most important piece, I dont want to go cheap there and regret it. It would be either the 760 or something better. And I dont need the SSD, but It would be nice to have it, so as long im within the budget is ok. But If I need to spend more money to improve something else I would gladly remove the SSD and get it later.

josh_b posted...

Is there anything else better than the 760 but not as expensive as the 770? I dont know if something like the new R9 280x from amd could work? And also, for that I would need a PSU with more w or 650 is enough?

from nvidia there isn't much better for the price. AMD has the 7950, and maybe the 280x but it's a little more expensive.
#6josh_bPosted 10/27/2013 11:48:28 PM
alons1293 posted...
Dynast_King posted...

josh_b posted...

They recommend 600 so you should be fine with 650. If you expect to SLI later on I would recommend getting a better power supply though.

Price point for Nvidia cards the GTX 770 is the best value for the money. You could possibly look for 2 used GTX 670's and run them in SLI and probably get them for under $450. a Single GTX 670 slightly overclocked runs the same as a GTX770.

Of course a lot of people on here don't like buying Used parts and I understand why since it comes with no warranty but it's just a idea.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#7Eli_SamaPosted 10/27/2013 11:50:33 PM
Made some changes

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1U9tq
---
Asrock 970 DE3/U3S3 \ M12 II Bz 520w / Ballistik 12Gb DDR3 / Ocz 64Gb SSD / HDD 500Gb / XFX HD 7950 3Gb BE Oc / FX 8150 / Hyper Evo 212 / Haf 932 Advanced
#8DiehardFFv2Posted 10/27/2013 11:59:11 PM
Eli_Sama posted...
Made some changes

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1U9tq

This is a better option in terms of a PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151118

Other than that, this build is pretty solid.
---
Intel i5 3570k | Sapphire r9 280x | 8GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD