This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which game implemented the best New Game+ mode?

#31Mike_KelehanPosted 10/28/2013 5:35:30 AM
I played an indie PC game called Save the Date recently, and it does some very interesting things with the concept of New Game +. In fact, the game itself directly references Chrono Trigger. It's a short play; I recommend looking into it.
---
http://live.xbox.com/member/Mike%20Kelehan
#32codyorrPosted 10/28/2013 5:53:44 AM
Tetris was pretty important. I'm not sure if it introduced flipping items but it was definitely a new game.
#33KOTRwhoopsPosted 10/28/2013 5:54:24 AM
Resident Evil 4 and 5.

I loved going through it again and again, messing around with different weapons.
---
PLAYING - Grand Theft Auto V (PS3), Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Pokemon X (3DS)
MOST WANTED - PlayStation 4, Killzone Shadowfall
#34urtvPosted 10/28/2013 5:55:04 AM
i actually liked valkyrie profile 2's ng+

every ng+,the game gets a bit harder
#35eternalblue02Posted 10/28/2013 6:02:55 AM
Kokuei05 posted...
Chrono Trigger DS. You can keep on repeating the NG+ until you get everything and there's a lot of ****.
#36atma6Posted 10/28/2013 6:10:43 AM
I hate NG+ where you become overpowered and there's no other discernible change to the game. So RE5's is probably the worst case scenario for me. Games like DMC, however, make it so the NG+ modes are more fun than the standard play though. But I'd still have to vote for Nier. You haven't played that game unless you've at least cleared it twice.
---
Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer
http://mistranslationformg.blogspot.com/
#37PhilOnDezPosted 10/28/2013 6:43:13 AM
XspunkyX posted...
TehAssasin posted...
Tales series.

Grade shop is awesome.

Agreed, lets you pick and choose what New Game+ you want.
Wish more games used this model.

The only ones I've done NG+ on were and its sequel but I liked that you could choose to make the game easier or harder based on which options you picked up. The only thing I wished it did differently was letting you keep your items if you wanted to. From my understanding though Vesperia has that option, even if you do lose plot related items.

I think Persona 3 and 4 (golden) have a pretty good NG+ system as well. 3 has been really grindy so far, it's honestly the only single player game I've played where just killing monsters for hours has been mandatory. In NG+ you get to keep all of your persona data and can resummon them near the beginning so while you'll still have to grind a bit to level up your party it's not grind mindlessly for hours to keep enemies from OHKOing you once you move on to the next floor of Tartarus. I'm not sure what the item situation is like but P4G did good with that, you unlock weapons and armor in the store by selling the blacksmith materials, in NG+ all of his data plus your money carries over, plus your persona data. It lets you start off with powerful weapons/armor, just not the endgame stuff. That's where I feel P3:FES dropped the ball, you get the best weapons via fusing certain personas with a weapon and you can summon those immediately which lets you get them just a few months into the game.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#38KupinPosted 10/28/2013 7:01:40 AM
The Last of Us.
Frustrating, sure, but it's very challenging.
#39SinisterSlayPosted 10/28/2013 7:03:30 AM
Defenders quest has a good NG+ and NG++ mode.
In NG+ you get a different story line. And new weapons, dungeons, etc.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#40SoeroahPosted 10/28/2013 7:16:21 AM
Stretching it a bit, but I quite liked VLR on 3DS/Vita. You got to choose any chapter to go back to at any time to make different choices.

But it was more a visual novel so I'm not sure it counts.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.