This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any MMORPG recommendations?

#1SonRokuPosted 10/28/2013 12:58:10 AM
I've only played Guild Wars (own all campaigns and EOTN) and GW2. The original GW was something that I wouldn't mind playing for months at a time before feeling burnt out. However, GW2 is a different story. I get bored of it after weeks of playing and the living story just tired me out so I decided to ignore it completely. Do you guys play any F2P MMORPGS?
---
"Some friendships are so strong, they can even transcend lifetimes." - Roku
3DS FC: 4682-9815-9585
#2Jprime666Posted 10/28/2013 1:28:30 AM
Play a real game. You have a 3ds, go play Zelda or pokemon or fire emblem.
---
How many emotions is people?
#3Maiken100Posted 10/28/2013 2:13:14 AM
Only F2p I has some fun with was SWTOR, the Agent class was interesting.
---
Next Gen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJt3TOFUxPs
#4josh_bPosted 10/28/2013 2:18:32 AM
SonRoku posted...
I've only played Guild Wars (own all campaigns and EOTN) and GW2. The original GW was something that I wouldn't mind playing for months at a time before feeling burnt out. However, GW2 is a different story. I get bored of it after weeks of playing and the living story just tired me out so I decided to ignore it completely. Do you guys play any F2P MMORPGS?

Tera online is the best F2P MMORPG out at the moment. It also has the best combat of any MMO released so far. Can also try Star Wars: The Old Republic but only play it for the story since the gameplay has been done better by countless other mmo's. I simply play it because I love the Star Wars Universe. Ive had a sub since the release of the game.

Defiance is also another MMO that is a third person shooter which can be fun as long as you have friends to play with. I find it for 10 bucks all the time.

Path of Exile is a MMO Diablo clone which sadly is better than Diablo 3 in my opinion.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#5majinbuu58Posted 10/28/2013 3:51:36 AM
I play tera every once in awhile. Great gameplay. Kind of like an easy monster hunter.

About to resub swtor. Gameplay's average for mmos but the class story lines are superb. That and i love star wars.
#6XxTwisted26xXPosted 10/28/2013 3:55:16 AM
josh_b posted...
SonRoku posted...

Tera online is the best F2P MMORPG out at the moment. It also has the best combat of any MMO released so far. Can also try Star Wars: The Old Republic but only play it for the story since the gameplay has been done better by countless other mmo's. I simply play it because I love the Star Wars Universe. Ive had a sub since the release of the game.

Defiance is also another MMO that is a third person shooter which can be fun as long as you have friends to play with. I find it for 10 bucks all the time.

Path of Exile is a MMO Diablo clone which sadly is better than Diablo 3 in my opinion.

Having a blast in PoE also!!
---
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
"When you play the games of thrones, you win or you die. Theres no middle ground" - Cersei Lannister to Eddard Stark
#7PhilOnDezPosted 10/28/2013 6:14:41 AM
josh_b posted...
Tera

Defiance

These are the only two MMOs I've played that felt different in a meaningful way. The combat in Tera is really fun, you still have a hotbar like nearly every other mmo but it still manages to feel like something else. I guess an ARPG with abilities.

Defiance I was super excited about, I preordered it plus the season pass but at the end of the day what it does wrong vastly outdoes what it does right. There's no sense of progression and no real social aspect. The progression it seems like they're working on, they redid the loot system for items above 1000, but you can have 200 people working on the same thing as you and nobody will say anything and if you try to say something odds are nobody will ever see it. I still log on to go driving around and do an Arkfall or two from time to time but unfortunately it needs a full-game revamp to be worth a recommendation from me.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#8MaximoomPosted 10/28/2013 6:49:23 AM
Give Path of Exile a chance.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238960/
#9EpicKingdom_Posted 10/28/2013 7:08:05 AM
Maiken100 posted...
Only F2p I has some fun with was SWTOR, the Agent class was interesting.

---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#10JudgmenlPosted 10/28/2013 7:09:11 AM
I wouldn't recommend any "MMORPGs" right now. A lot of people are praising Path of Exile, but it is a single player game with tacked on Multiplayer. It is very repetitive and boring after you clear Act 3 on normal for the first time.

I am however playing it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - Popularity =/= Quality.
http://i.imgur.com/0Awd55E.png - Opinions =/= Truth.