This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any MMORPG recommendations?

#11BakuraGornPosted 10/28/2013 9:04:44 AM
Rift is free on steam now, so you might wanna give that a shot.
#12_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 10/28/2013 9:33:30 AM(edited)
I think the current general consensus about MMO's is that around 2000 new MMO's came out that were quite exciting. They were polished and accessible in a way we had not seen before, and in a short time the genre became tremendously popular.

Since then little has changed. Instead of improving and moving forward the genre as a whole has become incredibly stagnant, unable to improve or reinvent itself. In fact, the most popular MMO is still the same one it was almost a decade a go. True, that is also due to the way that game has adapted and improved over time, keeping players interested with new content and features. Nevertheless, it says a lot about the genre, and how it has lost most of its appeal.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#13josh_bPosted 10/28/2013 11:01:53 PM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
I think the current general consensus about MMO's is that around 2000 new MMO's came out that were quite exciting. They were polished and accessible in a way we had not seen before, and in a short time the genre became tremendously popular.

Since then little has changed. Instead of improving and moving forward the genre as a whole has become incredibly stagnant, unable to improve or reinvent itself. In fact, the most popular MMO is still the same one it was almost a decade a go. True, that is also due to the way that game has adapted and improved over time, keeping players interested with new content and features. Nevertheless, it says a lot about the genre, and how it has lost most of its appeal.

I agree. The genre has become very stagnant. If you have played one MMO in the past 10 years then you have played them all pretty much.

Thats why i said Tera Online and SWTOR as options. At least Tera has action based combat and not hotkeys and SWTOR actually has a very good story in it and it's fully voiced which no other MMO has done so far.... im so tired of reading everything lol.

If you want a true MMO that is nothing like anything else out there Download and try Eve Online. Probably the hardest MMO out to get into and also the more rewarding.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#14majinbuu58Posted 10/28/2013 11:41:58 PM
josh_b posted...
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...

I agree. The genre has become very stagnant. If you have played one MMO in the past 10 years then you have played them all pretty much.

Thats why i said Tera Online and SWTOR as options. At least Tera has action based combat and not hotkeys and SWTOR actually has a very good story in it and it's fully voiced which no other MMO has done so far.... im so tired of reading everything lol.

If you want a true MMO that is nothing like anything else out there Download and try Eve Online. Probably the hardest MMO out to get into and also the more rewarding.

Essentially all of this.
#15TimePharaohPosted 10/28/2013 11:57:09 PM
Yea.

Don't play them.

That's my recommendation
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#16HighOnPhazonPosted 10/29/2013 12:04:57 AM
I actually agree with TrollPharaoh. Don't play anything in the genre. They are godawful.
---
GT/Steam: AncientToaster
i5 3750K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#17badboyPosted 10/29/2013 12:07:58 AM
Tera
#180cu_87Posted 10/29/2013 12:24:11 AM
Path of Exile is not an MMORPG, but it is indeed worth it. I was having a blast with it in beta.
I think you should sign up for Everquest Next beta. This one seems like it will do things different.
#19Skul_Posted 10/29/2013 1:21:13 AM
I enojoyed tera and i usually hate MMOs so theres that.
---
Alex, I'm trying to start a troll topic. Stop destroying my credibility here. - hypersonic2000
#20TroublemakerTMPosted 10/29/2013 1:30:25 AM
Mabinogi
---
Help get Suguri Collection on Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105716878