This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recharging battery overseas? (French electronic equipment in England)

#1freedreePosted 10/28/2013 5:02:58 AM
I'l about to go to England for a week, but am planning to bring along my laptop and PSVita.

The problem is, I've heard that I have to be careful with the differences in Wattage or whatever. They were both bought in France.

I was thinking that since it's still in Europe, there might be no problem, but I have to make sure.

Do I have to buy an adapter or something? O_o
I guess the same can be said of my mobile phone XD.
#2Xeno_PredatorPosted 10/28/2013 5:05:58 AM
You can look up such information on Google. Search for images of English wall socket and voltage. If I remember right countries in the EU should share the same standard. Laptop adaptors are usually rated for use at 110-220V, 50-60 milliamps which would make it useable for most if not all parts of the world. Not sure about your phone charger so you'll have to read the label.
---
Genius has its limitations. Ignorance has none.
#3ShubPosted 10/28/2013 5:47:02 AM
The voltage in the UK is the same as in France. Only the plug is physically different.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#4freedree(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 6:09:40 AM(edited)
Thanks for the quick responses!
I am looking on google right now, it does seem that France and England use more or less the same frequency and voltage. I guess I'm all set as I already have an adapter or two :P.

Here's what it says on the Vita charger :
Input : 100V-240V ~ 0.2A 50Hz-60Hz
Output : 5V-- 1500mA

And on the Laptop charger :
Input : 100V-240V ~ 1.5A , 50Hz-60Hz
Output : 19V -- 4.7A

Is it mainly the input that I have to look out for?
#5ShubPosted 10/28/2013 6:03:43 AM
Yes, the input is what matters since it tells you what the transformer is expecting from the wall plug. An input of 100V-240V means you can use it anywhere in the world.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#6freedree(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 6:06:47 AM
Perfect! Again, thanks for the quick responses! :D
#7reincarnator07Posted 10/28/2013 6:46:34 AM
As a Brit who's gone all over west Europe, all you need is an adaptor for the plug.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero