This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recharging battery overseas? (French electronic equipment in England)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Recharging battery overseas? (French electronic equipment in England)
3 years ago#1
I'l about to go to England for a week, but am planning to bring along my laptop and PSVita.

The problem is, I've heard that I have to be careful with the differences in Wattage or whatever. They were both bought in France.

I was thinking that since it's still in Europe, there might be no problem, but I have to make sure.

Do I have to buy an adapter or something? O_o
I guess the same can be said of my mobile phone XD.
3 years ago#2
You can look up such information on Google. Search for images of English wall socket and voltage. If I remember right countries in the EU should share the same standard. Laptop adaptors are usually rated for use at 110-220V, 50-60 milliamps which would make it useable for most if not all parts of the world. Not sure about your phone charger so you'll have to read the label.
Genius has its limitations. Ignorance has none.
3 years ago#3
The voltage in the UK is the same as in France. Only the plug is physically different.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
3 years ago#4
Thanks for the quick responses!
I am looking on google right now, it does seem that France and England use more or less the same frequency and voltage. I guess I'm all set as I already have an adapter or two :P.

Here's what it says on the Vita charger :
Input : 100V-240V ~ 0.2A 50Hz-60Hz
Output : 5V-- 1500mA

And on the Laptop charger :
Input : 100V-240V ~ 1.5A , 50Hz-60Hz
Output : 19V -- 4.7A

Is it mainly the input that I have to look out for?
3 years ago#5
Yes, the input is what matters since it tells you what the transformer is expecting from the wall plug. An input of 100V-240V means you can use it anywhere in the world.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
3 years ago#6
Perfect! Again, thanks for the quick responses! :D
3 years ago#7
As a Brit who's gone all over west Europe, all you need is an adaptor for the plug.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Recharging battery overseas? (French electronic equipment in England)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived