This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

UT2004 still looks great after all these years.

#1Ep1taph303Posted 10/28/2013 4:18:19 AM
@ 1080p is looks better than alot of games out there, what a beast engine they developed back then. Seriously, go buy it and try for yourself. Gameplay still holds up as well, Ahh back when pc games were made with care.
---
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966683944/
#2SpazH3dPosted 10/28/2013 4:29:07 AM
Pics of the game at 1080p or this thread will cause WW3.
---
- My vision is augmented
#3NicodimusPosted 10/28/2013 4:44:59 AM
Well of course it does. It's the best FPS ever made.
---
Intel i5 4670K | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#4Hi CPosted 10/28/2013 4:50:49 AM(edited)
Ep1taph303 posted...
@ 1080p is looks better than alot of games out there, what a beast engine they developed back then. Seriously, go buy it and try for yourself. Gameplay still holds up as well, Ahh back when pc games were made with care.

You mean the 90's.

A lot of games around 2004 still look great because technology implementation slowed to a crawl because of consoles. Nvidia Dawn demo still looks amazing and better than anything on console save a couple Sony exclusives.
---
You'll be my John G.
#5DragonyeuwPosted 10/28/2013 5:39:14 AM
Hi C posted...
Ep1taph303 posted...

You mean the 90's.

A lot of games around 2004 still look great because technology implementation slowed to a crawl because of consoles. Nvidia Dawn demo still looks amazing and better than anything on console save a couple Sony exclusives.

I've been a console gamer and I'm slowly converting over to PC. I have a laptop which would nowadays qualify as a low-end gaming laptop, and I'm just playing through Half-life 2 for the first time( just picked up the orange box cheap). Cranked to high on everything, I'm impressed by how smooth and clean the visuals are for a nearly decade old game. You'll probably laugh at that as the graphics are obviously archaic by today's standards.
---
Systems owned- PS3 slim, PS2 slim, PS Vita, PSP3000... Nintendo Wii, Red 3ds (Zelda 3dsXL will be mine!!), SNES..... Xbox 360.....Sega Dreamcast
#6Teufel_xPosted 10/28/2013 5:43:11 AM
Dragonyeuw posted...
Hi C posted...
Ep1taph303 posted...

You mean the 90's.

I've been a console gamer and I'm slowly converting over to PC. I have a laptop which would nowadays qualify as a low-end gaming laptop, and I'm just playing through Half-life 2 for the first time( just picked up the orange box cheap). Cranked to high on everything, I'm impressed by how smooth and clean the visuals are for a nearly decade old game. You'll probably laugh at that as the graphics are obviously archaic by today's standards.

u should try CinematicMod When u get a real Pc for HL2. its a graphics overhaul mod that pretty much makes the game look like its from 2008-2009 at least. and pretty sharp.
---
Playin Oldschool games for your enjoyment :)
MAG - 4X VET, PSN ID: Teufel9000 add me for Games!
#7DragonyeuwPosted 10/28/2013 5:44:50 AM
Teufel_x posted...
Dragonyeuw posted...
Hi C posted...
Ep1taph303 posted...

You mean the 90's.

u should try CinematicMod When u get a real Pc for HL2. its a graphics overhaul mod that pretty much makes the game look like its from 2008-2009 at least. and pretty sharp.

Thanks I'm looking into building one next year hopefully.
---
Systems owned- PS3 slim, PS2 slim, PS Vita, PSP3000... Nintendo Wii, Red 3ds (Zelda 3dsXL will be mine!!), SNES..... Xbox 360.....Sega Dreamcast