This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Alice: Madness Returns?

#11KidIcarootsPosted 10/28/2013 7:19:30 AM
It's not a bad game, but the gameplay style is outdated.

If you like 3D platformers with adventure elements (like Psychonauts, for example), this is a game you should buy.
#12ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/28/2013 7:21:52 AM
KidIcaroots posted...
the gameplay style is outdated.

Gameplay styles can't be outdated. That's a dumb thing to say.
#13HydroCannabinolPosted 10/28/2013 8:10:21 AM
Fantastic game. Buy it.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#14kalakdrinPosted 10/28/2013 8:49:30 AM
The lock-on system and switching targets can be frustrating, but you get used to it eventually. It's a fun game. The art is fantastic.
#15Eye of the BeholderPosted 10/28/2013 11:19:06 AM
Garbage gameplay, from the first level, almost nothing changes or challenges you. Presentation and every other aspect is amazing though.
---
Brawl-FC-1203-8953-0974 (X40)
"Help!!! I'm being attacked by white transparent ninjas!" - pipeman
#16Rexdragon125Posted 10/28/2013 11:34:28 AM
Such a repetitive platformer. Introduces a new mechanic in a level and reuses it literally ten times with no changes in the same level. Because fun or something.
#17Fuzzaquarius922Posted 10/28/2013 11:37:32 AM
I loved the game but I lost my save near the end (I think I had one level left) but I can't get myself to play it again yet. It is an amazing game and I loved the first 2/3 of each level but like people have been saying, it does get very repetitive and I'd have to force myself through the end of the levels.

That being said, it's one of my favorite games in terms of atmosphere and gameplay but I really can't see me doing another playthrough of it when I finally get to the end.
#18R i c kPosted 10/28/2013 1:37:47 PM
Eye of the Beholder posted...
Garbage gameplay, from the first level, almost nothing changes or challenges you.

More like above average 3D platformer gameplay with sporadic combat and everything changes with new weapons, enemies, mini games, puzzles, art assets, level design and music for every chapter. You're also constantly switching between Wonderland and real world London where you weave together your past and battle your inner demons in the former and you try to regain control of your present day life in the latter.

Repetitive? Not by half. As I said, I played it thrice in a row and there wasn't a single section that I thought should be shortened or removed. Actually, it's quite the opposite since I felt parts of chapter 6 should be longer and used more. There are a couple unique segments there that are only used a couple times and I felt they could have done more with them.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#19ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/28/2013 1:39:09 PM
R i c k posted...
More like above average 3D platformer gameplay with sporadic combat and everything changes with new weapons, enemies, mini games, puzzles, art assets, level design and music for every chapter. You're also constantly switching between Wonderland and real world London where you weave together your past and battle your inner demons in the former and you try to regain control of your present day life in the latter.

Repetitive? Not by half. As I said, I played it thrice in a row and there wasn't a single section that I thought should be shortened or removed. Actually, it's quite the opposite since I felt parts of chapter 6 should be longer and used more. There are a couple unique segments there that are only used a couple times and I felt they could have done more with them.

Good god, no. The game was repetitive as hell. Don't be a fanboy.
#20LordSeiferPosted 10/28/2013 1:42:15 PM
it was pretty repetitive.

it looks very nice.. also if you are any sort of regular pc gamer you will likely find it incredibly easy
---
^ this