This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Alice: Madness Returns?

#21sonicteam2k1Posted 10/28/2013 12:46:42 PM
LordSeifer posted...
it was pretty repetitive.

it looks very nice.. also if you are any sort of regular pc gamer you will likely find it incredibly easy

But what game isn't repetitive? The only non repetitive games I've ever seen were those Warioware games.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#22ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/28/2013 12:50:50 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
But what game isn't repetitive? The only non repetitive games I've ever seen were those Warioware games.

You know that's a faulty argument. In Alice, you're literally doing the exact same things in the exact same situations with very little deviation through the game. The only difference is the level.
#23LordSeiferPosted 10/28/2013 12:51:45 PM
ok its MORE repetitive than usual.

ie the majority of every level is just jumping around from platform to platform

next level, jump around from platform to platform but you are in asia
---
^ this
#24Jesse7777Posted 10/28/2013 12:57:18 PM
I really enjoyed this game, was a beautiful game to be immersed in both in aesthetics as well as atmosphere.
#25sonicteam2k1Posted 10/28/2013 1:02:45 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

You know that's a faulty argument. In Alice, you're literally doing the exact same things in the exact same situations with very little deviation through the game. The only difference is the level.

IMO every game is like that for the most part. Just depends how much you enjoy doing that said action over and over. Look at every shooter for instance. they're all like that.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#26ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/28/2013 1:05:47 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
IMO every game is like that for the most part.

Except they're not, and it isn't an opinion.

Look at every shooter for instance. they're all like that.

DAE HATE LE FPS? XDXDXD

No.
#27R i c kPosted 10/28/2013 1:15:51 PM
LordSeifer posted...
ok its MORE repetitive than usual.
ie the majority of every level is just jumping around from platform to platform
next level, jump around from platform to platform but you are in asia

Lol, and shooters are repetitive because in one level you're shooting guys in the face in an urban area and the next you're shooting guys in the face in the jungle and the next you're shooting guys in the face in a snowfield!

Racers are repetitive because you're racing a track in one level, in the next you're racing a track but just the corners are different and in the the next track it's just more racing... insanely repetitive!

Too much jumping in a platformer. Lol, good one.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#28LordSeiferPosted 10/28/2013 1:18:04 PM
games where you are playing against dynamically adjusting opponents driving cars or shooting you in the face is not even remotely the same as jumping around on platforms that are static with no competitive aspect.

good try though
---
^ this
#29EternalFlame66Posted 10/28/2013 1:25:38 PM
the game is not horrible but there are a lot of better games you could be playing. i found the story and presentation to be decent but that's about it.

it's made in china and unfortunately it shows.
---
Such is your fate.
#30temgunPosted 10/28/2013 1:42:47 PM
I found it incredibly boring. I absolutely couldn't play it more than 2 hours total. I absolutely loved the art style and the gameplay was adequate, but for some reason I found it very dreadful.