This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Deadly Premonition is coming to Steam tomorrow! Who here is excited!?

#1mtjormitchPosted 10/28/2013 8:41:16 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/247660/

WARNING! THE TRAILER IS SPOILER FILLED! Just making sure to say it because of how damn spoilerly it is.

This game... I will honestly say it, this game is a freaking masterpiece. This is what all video games should strive to be.

The game takes place in a place called Greenvale, a midwest community that has been dealt a very great blow recently. Someone had killed one of the residents and left them in the forest under mysterious circumstances and now everyone in town is paranoid and scared of what might be happening. You, as a FBI detective Francis York Morgan, a very odd and possibly insane man who is now on the case to find out who the killer is and what the town of Greenvale might be hiding.

This game, I will be honest, does NOT have the best gameplay or graphics, but the story is honestly award winning worthy. I cried people! That is how damn good this game is when it comes to it's incredible story!

Anyways. This is a defining moment people. If this sells incredibly well and or has a modding community, we may in fact see way more Japanese games start selling on steam than ever before. Imagine FF15 on PC, or heck, imagine the entire damn Xeno games on PC! Or stuff like Vanilla ware games like Dragons Crown and Odin Sphere.

This is a very important game right now. This may effect all Japanese games possibly. Raceteer being the pioneer to this by selling 300K (It sold more than all the Yakuza games combined.) So... yeah, this game might be the one two punch to finally convince them to send over more stuff.

So yeah, I am looking very forward to this game for multiple reasons. Besides, I think this game was made in mind for a more PC crowd than a console crowd anyways.
---
Story in video games have gotten more important than gameplay nowadays. I recommend dealing with this fact and learning that this is now a storytelling medium.
#2jake-sfPosted 10/28/2013 8:46:18 AM
A defining moment?

What all video games shoudl strive for?

A story focused game with bad gameplay?

Are you kidding me?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#3AsucaHayashiPosted 10/28/2013 8:52:16 AM
i will play it for the story but i will apparently not enjoy how it plays.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#4KidIcarootsPosted 10/28/2013 8:55:09 AM
I'll probably check it out, but I'll wait for a sale of some kind.
#5mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 8:55:43 AM
jake-sf posted...
A defining moment?

What all video games shoudl strive for?

A story focused game with bad gameplay?

Are you kidding me?

A video game without a story nowadays is nothing more than a babies toy in terms of depth. Games with stories are pretty much already more important than stuff like Mario nowadays.
---
Story in video games have gotten more important than gameplay nowadays. I recommend dealing with this fact and learning that this is now a storytelling medium.
#6StormKMDPosted 10/28/2013 8:59:23 AM
Game looks like crap. Not just the graphics.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#7jake-sfPosted 10/28/2013 9:05:32 AM(edited)
mtjormitch posted...

A video game without a story nowadays is nothing more than a babies toy in terms of depth. Games with stories are pretty much already more important than stuff like Mario nowadays.

I see. What a worthless opinion. That you enjoy games based entirely around its good story is fine, I do too. But that statement is just sad.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#8mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 9:26:38 AM
jake-sf posted...
mtjormitch posted...

I see. What a worthless opinion. That you enjoy games based entirely around its good story is fine, I do too. But that statement is just sad.

Alan Wake, Alpha Protocol, Batman 1 and 2 (I don't have origins yet.), Binary Domain, Bioshock series, Bully, Catherine, Castlevania Lords of Shadows, chronicles of Riddick, The Darkness, Dead Space one and two, Deus Ex series, Dragon Age Origins, Enslaved, Fallout New vegas, Ghostbusters the video game, GTA4 and 5, L.A. Noire, Lost Odyssey, Mafia 2, Metro series, Nier, Portal series, Persona series, SMT series, RDR, Prey, Singularity, Sleeping Dogs, Spec Ops the Line, Good Tales of games, The Walking Dead by telltale, The witcher series, all the Xeno games, Ace Combat 5, Drakengard, Silent hill 2, Freedom Fighters, FF4/6/7/10/Tactics, Max Payne series, MGS series, Odin Sphere, Okami, Primal, Second sight, Ico and Shadow of the colossus, Yakuza series, The suffering series, Fragile Dreams, The Last Story, No More heroes series, Super Paper Mario surprisingly enough, Pandora's Tower, Dark Souls/Demon Souls, Far Cry 3, The Last of Us, Uncharted series, Valkyrie Chronicles, Phoenix Wright series, 999, Virtues Last Reward, Infinite Space, Hotel Dusk.

This is all just from a single glance at my video game collection of video games with amazing stories and mostly from this gen. All the while I am completely discounting downloadable games, otherwise this list would have been 3 times as long. The fact is very simple. Playing video games just for there gameplay is a kids thing to do. Nowadays, it is totally viable to play video games based on story alone.
---
#9mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 9:27:27 AM
StormKMD posted...
Game looks like crap. Not just the graphics.

It is a masterpiece. Trust me on that.
---
#10xBrokenxHaloxPosted 10/28/2013 9:32:02 AM
How does one cry people? Were they normal sized or tear sized?
---
El Psy Congroo