This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Deadly Premonition is coming to Steam tomorrow! Who here is excited!?

#21NotQuiteAFreakPosted 10/28/2013 10:01:16 AM
mtjormitch posted...
Graphics and gameplay don't matter in the slightest way, besides, it is very obvious you have never played a story based video game in your life with such views you have. The fact is very simple, this is a storytelling medium nowadays, either deal with this fact or get used to the idea of becoming a retro gamer.

The game is pretty damn cheap too. Same price as the retail 360 game when it first came out.

*Looks at my sig*
*Looks at your list of "story based video games"*

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/20500000/-You-like-Krabby-Patties-don-t-you-Squidward-spongebob-squarepants-20518839-500-333.jpg

Graphics, to an extent, don't matter. But gameplay, yes, most definitely. I'd rather be a retro gamer than an idiot.
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#22SinisterSlayPosted 10/28/2013 10:03:06 AM
mtjormitch posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
mtjormitch posted...

What are you talking about? RE4 controls were great! It actually was controllable compared to the rest of the damn series. Unless you played just the PC version, then I totally understand because the PC version of RE4 was butchered.

I couldn't stand the slow motion turning and the horrid view angle and the horrid aiming and the horrid control positioning. Zombies f***ing moved faster than I could rotate my camera to aim.

I never tried the PC version, did it have a faster turning speed than than 1rpm?

Oh, don't play the PC version... you can't even use the mouse to aim with, just the freaking arrow keys, no, I am not joking.

But anyways, Deadly Premonition is better about that actually, the camera is actually faster than RE4 and the enemies are WAY slower and usually don't attack from behind at all. Turning is slow, but it isn't as painful as RE4 the more I think about it. The aiming in the 360 version was pretty bad though. I did hear it is better in the PS3 version however, which the PC game is based off of.

Oh, then I'm interested then, hopefully there is a demo.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#23mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 2:08:05 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
mtjormitch posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
mtjormitch posted...

What are you talking about? RE4 controls were great! It actually was controllable compared to the rest of the damn series. Unless you played just the PC version, then I totally understand because the PC version of RE4 was butchered.

I couldn't stand the slow motion turning and the horrid view angle and the horrid aiming and the horrid control positioning. Zombies f***ing moved faster than I could rotate my camera to aim.

I never tried the PC version, did it have a faster turning speed than than 1rpm?

Oh, don't play the PC version... you can't even use the mouse to aim with, just the freaking arrow keys, no, I am not joking.

But anyways, Deadly Premonition is better about that actually, the camera is actually faster than RE4 and the enemies are WAY slower and usually don't attack from behind at all. Turning is slow, but it isn't as painful as RE4 the more I think about it. The aiming in the 360 version was pretty bad though. I did hear it is better in the PS3 version however, which the PC game is based off of.

Oh, then I'm interested then, hopefully there is a demo.

I don't there will be... I think. However, if you are curious, try finding someone who has a copy of the game and play it on their system for the first hour, if you don't like it, there ya go. If you like the oddities of it, I fully recommend the game.

Actually, if you love Twin Peaks, you will love this game.
---
Story in video games have gotten more important than gameplay nowadays. I recommend dealing with this fact and learning that this is now a storytelling medium.
#24Hi CPosted 10/28/2013 2:09:41 PM
jake-sf posted...
A defining moment?

What all video games shoudl strive for?

A story focused game with bad gameplay?

Are you kidding me?

Planescape: Torment?
---
You'll be my John G.
#25temgunPosted 10/28/2013 2:11:02 PM
It's coming out tomorrow and it's barely in the top 40 sold list. What's going on here?
#26SpazH3dPosted 10/28/2013 2:29:00 PM
While I'm not as excited as the OP, I'm pretty damn excited to play it on PC.

I hope all the fixes are fabulous. Better graphics and improved controls really are the only fixes I need.
---
- My vision is augmented
#27chrono625Posted 10/28/2013 3:18:56 PM
The game is a buggy, sloppy, bumbling mess.

Now that's out of the way the story is one of the best I have played in a video game in a long time.

If you can get past the wonky controls and the cheesy VA it is a solid game that is carried by its Twin Peaks esque mood and story.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XXI/XXV/XLII/XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
#28AlleRacingPosted 10/30/2013 6:03:16 AM(edited)
mtjormitch posted...
video game without a story nowadays is nothing more than a babies toy in terms of depth. Games with stories are pretty much already more important than stuff like Mario nowadays.

You're no longer allowed to have opinions.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#29dekouPosted 10/30/2013 7:17:47 AM
Apparently it's full of bugs, has no controller support, controls badly with M+KB and only supports 720p. There's a mod for the 720p problem by the same guy who fixed Dark Souls, but... I'd wait for patches and skip the game if there aren't any.
#30spanishbobPosted 10/30/2013 8:25:04 AM
mtjormitch posted...
StormKMD posted...
Game looks like crap. Not just the graphics.

It is a masterpiece. Trust me on that.

No, it's crap. And yes I have played it. Believe me, I wanted to like it. I knew it was meant to be a diamond in the rough, but it was more akin to walking into a public toilet to find s*** smeared on the walls and urine all over the floor. I'd rather spend 10 minutes in that toilet sniffing the delights on show than spend 1 more minute playing that pile of trash. I don't care if the game has a good story. If it's not possible to experience that story without wanting to gouge out your own eyes based on the absolutely terrible gameplay then it's not worth it.