This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am hopelessly addicted to Puzzle Quest II

#1protools1983Posted 10/28/2013 11:57:49 AM
I had it on my phone a year or so ago and enjoyed it. I got it for pc this weekend and literaly sunk all of Sunday into it. Can't...... stop....... playing........
---
Stand up for consumer rights! Vote with your dollar! Boycott Xbox One!!!
#2ihategodPosted 10/28/2013 12:47:42 PM
I found the first one to be better, especially when you got the Plague Lord DLC for it to add the new fights, bosses and miscellaneous stuff.

If you like the franchise at all, be sure to look up Marvel Puzzle Quest for Droid/Iphone. It has exactly the same flavor we all love, except with a Marvel paintjob, Mind you, it has some in-app purchase nonsense, but I've been playing it daily since I got it on release day and I can't stop.
#3sonicteam2k1Posted 10/28/2013 12:59:41 PM
ihategod posted...
I found the first one to be better, especially when you got the Plague Lord DLC for it to add the new fights, bosses and miscellaneous stuff.

If you like the franchise at all, be sure to look up Marvel Puzzle Quest for Droid/Iphone. It has exactly the same flavor we all love, except with a Marvel paintjob, Mind you, it has some in-app purchase nonsense, but I've been playing it daily since I got it on release day and I can't stop.

Agreed with post until Marvel Puzzle Quest. I think that game is not very good. Just my opinion though. The first Puzzle Quest is fantastic. Best in the series by far.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#4ihategodPosted 10/28/2013 2:18:53 PM
Honestly, at this point I would give ANYTHING for a new Puzzle Quest. If the Marvel one makes it onto Steam, I'm snapping it up on day one, no questions. I love this franchise so much.

That said, you should look into Puzzle Chronicles by Konami. It was a fun time waster with atrocious art, but otherwise fun mechanics. It isn't on Steam as far I know. I have it on my PSP, and as far I know it was the same on all platforms otherwise.
#5Doomsday FortePosted 10/28/2013 3:30:41 PM
ihategod posted...
That said, you should look into Puzzle Chronicles by Konami. It was a fun time waster with atrocious art, but otherwise fun mechanics. It isn't on Steam as far I know.

store.steampowered.com/app/19020/

Marvel Puzzle Quest probably won't come to Steam but I can see it being a Facebook game, given the energy scheme and social features. Infinite Interactive disbanded but has since reformed, so we may see another Puzzle Quest someday. Galactrix wasn't bad so long as you got either the "jumpgates never close" mod or the "time doesn't count while matching gems for the jumpgates" one, or learned enough LUA to combine them together. There used to be a balance mod that changed a bit how stats work and favored smaller ships over larger ones for attack bonuses. Puzzle Kingdoms I've been trying to play, and it's pretty difficult considering it plays a bit differently from the other games. Only one I lack in the "series" is now Chronicles.
---
Crimson night & Celsion moon, misfiction, not save the Player is Prayer, yes, Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia.
#6ihategodPosted 10/28/2013 3:50:17 PM
Huh. Seems that game is region locked then because I keep getting an error.

I completely agree on the Galactrix mods. The Jump Gate one made things far less annoying. I remember reading about the stat mod which made your colour allocations actually affect your gameplay but never really jumped onto it.

I got some really fun mods for the original Puzzle Quest that added new (borderline broken) items and even a new creature or two. I used to have a class mod that added a handful of new classes which were woefully broken as all hell but unparalled in gem destroying goodness.

Thing is, Marvel Puzzle Quest is still just in the preliminary stages. I can see it jumping onto Steam once it has a decent selection of team spreads as well as adding more story modules. I just wish it didn't use that horrendous energy system that MMOs from Korea use. Hell, I'd have gladly forked over $5 if it meant a Puzzle Quest game without the stupidity of IAP or the godawful energy system.
#7Doomsday FortePosted 10/28/2013 4:44:14 PM
Ah, that bites. Uh, the Galactrix one you mentioned is the one I have. Stuff like Pilot affecting your shields and Gunnery affecting weapon damage, Engineering doing automatic hull repairs that crap out the longer a fight drags on, etc. I'm sure you knew the Plague Lord DLC for the first game was "released" a year or so ago on the Steam Forums. Totally floored me, and it works pretty well so far.

I admittedly haven't played much of the Marvel one, if only because I hate needing WiFi active on my tablet to play a game, and it seemed...I dunno, different? But I guess you can't always keep doing more of the same, as Galactrix, Kingdoms, Chronicles, and all have shown.
---
Crimson night & Celsion moon, misfiction, not save the Player is Prayer, yes, Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia.
#8ihategodPosted 10/29/2013 3:38:39 AM
I didn't believe it when I read that the Plague Lord DLC had been hacked into the Steam one. Lord knows how much time I logged on that before I decided to try new classes.

You wouldn't happen to know of any PQ2 mods would you? I remember reading about a minor one that sped up the rewards text display so you wouldn't spend the extra 10 seconds mashing keys to hurry it up.

Feel free to add me on Steam, I could use more fellow PQ fans/players on my list.

My steam handle is Arksun.