This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need laptop buying advice... >$1000 for gaming/art/music

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need laptop buying advice... >$1000 for gaming/art/music

User Info: UncleGrubby

UncleGrubby
3 years ago#1
Hey, everyone! I'm in need of a laptop that will be great for visual art and music production (lagless midi keyboard input) and still be able to run a game like BF4 at at least medium settings for under $1000, preferably more around $800. Would I be able to get a good deal around Black Friday/Cyber Monday? Is this even possible?

I'd go for a desktop if all I wanted was gaming but I need the portability for the music stuff.

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#2
UncleGrubby posted...
>$1000

UncleGrubby posted...
under $1000

?
:)
Anyway, yes, I get you meant the latter... but I came in on the premise that you meant >$1000, not <$1000, so I will exit this topic now.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: blax34dm

blax34dm
3 years ago#3
Shub posted...
UncleGrubby posted...
>$1000

UncleGrubby posted...
under $1000

?
Anyway, yes, I get you meant the latter... but I came in on the premise that you meant >$1000, not <$1000, so I will exit this topic now.

Same. Skies the limit over 1000, under? Y500 from lenovo is probably your best bet.

User Info: UncleGrubby

UncleGrubby
3 years ago#4
Shub posted...
UncleGrubby posted...
>$1000

UncleGrubby posted...
under $1000

?

Ah crap. Yes, I meant under.

User Info: Superlinkbros89

Superlinkbros89
3 years ago#5
http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_customed&model_name=NP6670

Choose the i5 4200u and your good to go
Not changing this sig until a Kid Icarus Uprising sequel is announced. Started: 01/01/2013

User Info: reincarnator07

reincarnator07
3 years ago#6
Anything good enough for gaming will be good enough for music production. You'll be depending more on your audio/midi interface for low latency.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero

User Info: self-immolation

self-immolation
3 years ago#7
UncleGrubby posted...
run a game like BF4 at at least medium settings for under $1000, preferably more around $800. Would I be able to get a good deal around Black Friday/Cyber Monday? Is this even possible?.

you definitely will be able to find something good around $1000 on black friday/cyber monday

keep an eye on newegg, microcenter, etc
SMELL THE GASOLINE
I LIGHT THE FIRE INSIDE
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need laptop buying advice... >$1000 for gaming/art/music

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived