This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's a good router to get?

#1IronsoulPosted 10/28/2013 2:19:06 PM
My Netgear WNDr3700v2 just died on me today and I'm looking to get a new one. I'm not sure which ones are the good ones out there and I would prefer it to be $200 or below.
---
San Francisco 49ers
http://i.imgur.com/qc8qv.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nzvSIh.jpg
#2DragnfyrPosted 10/28/2013 2:49:33 PM
You really shouldn't be spending more than $30-50 for a router. I got the Asus RT-N10P yesterday and it's been working good so far. Very fast and easy to setup and the admin interface is well designed and has a lot of features.
---
MacBook Pro with Retina Display | 15.4" 2880x1800 | Core i7-3615QM @ 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | GT 650M 1GB GDDR5 | 256GB SSD | OSX 10.9 | Windows 8.1 Pro
#3THEB0SS666Posted 10/28/2013 2:54:17 PM
I been looking into a router to run alongside the xfinity gateway. Hows the range and latency and will it cover 3 floors?
---
dell xps 7100 gtx 660sc 8gb ram amd phenom x6 1045t 3.2ghz 1.5tbhdd
Moderators are filthy disgusting creatures.
#4KillerzOverHerePosted 10/28/2013 2:56:00 PM
All you need is a modem, PC, and ISP. Everything else = waste.

Wireless is peasant.
---
You have gaming pc specs on your sig, which makes you pc gamer, and being pc gamer makes you elitist - Sami1000
#ConsoleGamerMentality
#5KamenRiderBladePosted 10/28/2013 3:01:01 PM
KillerzOverHere posted...

Wireless is peasant.

Some people have more than 1 machine they want to connect to the internet.

Your thinking is very narrow minded.

Generally I've been treated well by Netgear

Just make sure to hook up your Router + Modem to a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply)

My old roomies were surprised by how useful it was.

While raiding in WoW back in the days, any blackouts / brownouts / power surges, they just kept on trucking, not a single hiccup in gaming perf due to router / modem going down.

They even continued raiding while during a brown out where he forgot to hook his monitor to the UPS, he had the rest of his PC going, so he played without his monitor for an entire minute.

The rest of the guild didn't notice anything was wrong until he said something.

They thought he was raiding as normal.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#6KillerzOverHerePosted 10/28/2013 3:02:17 PM
KamenRiderBlade posted...
KillerzOverHere posted...

Wireless is peasant.

Some people have more than 1 machine they want to connect to the internet.

Your thinking is very narrow minded.

Generally I've been treated well by Netgear

Just make sure to hook up your Router + Modem to a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply)

My old roomies were surprised by how useful it was.

While raiding in WoW back in the days, any blackouts / brownouts / power surges, they just kept on trucking, not a single hiccup in gaming perf due to router / modem going down.

They even continued raiding while during a brown out where he forgot to hook his monitor to the UPS, he had the rest of his PC going, so he played without his monitor for an entire minute.

The rest of the guild didn't notice anything was wrong until he said something.

They thought he was raiding as normal.

i'm kidding. I have like 10 wireless devices...
---
You have gaming pc specs on your sig, which makes you pc gamer, and being pc gamer makes you elitist - Sami1000
#ConsoleGamerMentality