This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Minecraft Update let's Regular PC's Enjoy

#21aiyobro(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 10:47:58 AM
I can't enjoy it yet I need a new computer
#22Rexdragon125Posted 10/29/2013 10:53:11 AM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Rexdragon125 posted...
Oh no, someone doesn't like Minecraft. Let's insult their creativity.

I don't see how that could even remotely possibly been construed as an insult.

It happens literally every time I criticize Minecraft. A fanboy claims I'm not creative enough for it. Minecraft is actually a terrible creative tool compared to actual ones, like Blender and Source, Unreal, etc.
#23Knight2520Posted 10/29/2013 11:04:25 AM
Rexdragon125 posted...

It happens literally every time I criticize Minecraft. A fanboy claims I'm not creative enough for it. Minecraft is actually a terrible creative tool compared to actual ones, like Blender and Source, Unreal, etc.

Because Minecraft is a game, and the programs/engines you listed are actually, you know, tools. And Vannila didn't insult you at all; I have no idea either how that could even be construed as an insult.
---
If AMD goes down Intel might safely release i9 for $300 and i7 for $200 and i5 for $100 and i3 for free. - su27Chaos<
#24GhennkinsPosted 10/29/2013 11:52:11 AM
Maybe I'm missing something but haven't those settings been a part of Minecraft for years?

Both games are kinda lacking. Minecraft's 3d element makes for a more immersive world but fails in exploration and combat offering little of either. Eventually just feels like work and a waste of time.

Terraria is a 2D scroller and building is kinda lame because of that. But way more emphasis on combat and exploration. Heck, even survival. It does all that better in spades compared to Minecraft. Feels very much like a 'game for fun' instead of a world to get lost in and shape however you want. There's something about looking out the window of your tower in Minecraft and seeing the world you've made outside it. Just can't get that in Terraria. But you can't fight a giant wall of flesh in hell in Minecraft either.

They're alright for what they are, but I'd rather having a perfect blending of both their strengths in a new game altogether.
#25sonicteam2k1Posted 10/29/2013 11:55:35 AM
Incendia_Intus posted...
Maybe I don't understand because I've only played the demo, but I don't see what is so great about Minecraft. After 10 minutes I'm so bored that drilling a hole in my own skull sounds more fun.

nah you pretty much played the whole game. The game's is boring. I stop playing with legos a long time ago. but there is an end game with the eggs, portals and stuff.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#26aiyobro(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 12:05:58 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Incendia_Intus posted...
Maybe I don't understand because I've only played the demo, but I don't see what is so great about Minecraft. After 10 minutes I'm so bored that drilling a hole in my own skull sounds more fun.

nah you pretty much played the whole game. The game's is boring. I stop playing with legos a long time ago. but there is an end game with the eggs, portals and stuff.

I never beat it, I might try, I got really far even with my lack of graphics on the laptop

about 5 more eyes to go
#27aiyobro(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 12:07:19 PM
but that game definitely relies on online servers to tell you what to do

I litterally mapped out area's in my head because I was looking for some sort of ending and nothing was going on besides me making landmarks everywhere
#28JKatarnPosted 10/29/2013 12:32:44 PM
aiyobro posted...
It feels way smoother then before, I can actually forgive notch for foregoing a Wii U version now that I can replay it again and enjoy it.

I feel quite the opposite in fact (as far as performance is concerned, at least while using the SpHax BDcraft x256 texture pack), despite a framerate that is consistantly 119/120+ at minimum I get these constant little hitches and response lags that weren't there prior to 1.7.2 (friend notices them as well), it's by no means unplayable, but it is noticeable especially when panning the camera (even underground). In addition to this they appear to have pulled the maximum draw distance back a fair bit and/or you have to go directly into areas to load in the chunks to be able to see them at certain distance (this wasn't an issue prior to this update). Then there's the fact that I was sent through a solid wall when dismounting a minecart vs. to the adjacent block (hopefully this is a bug and not a "feature".
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#29JKatarnPosted 10/29/2013 12:37:52 PM
Knight2520 posted...
Rexdragon125 posted...

Because Minecraft is a game, and the programs/engines you listed are actually, you know, tools. And Vannila didn't insult you at all; I have no idea either how that could even be construed as an insult.

Also, there's a difference between saying "I couldn't really get into game X" with perhaps some constructive criticism and "this game is crap/garbage/horrible because I don't like/understand/refuse to learn it" like some people seem to post in every Minecraft related thread (or for that matter in the thread of any game they personally have a vendetta against).
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#30somebody336Posted 10/29/2013 2:08:01 PM
The game never goes on sale lol