This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Call of Duty Ghosts is proving to be PC Game of the Year

#41Orestes417Posted 10/30/2013 8:45:00 PM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
I could not get excited for any COD after 4 because time and time again they proved to be pretty much the same thing (I did end up buying most of them, which I should not have done).

However, I am willing to look at this without any prejudice. I am not sold, but I have heard enough positive things here and there to at least look into it.

I get a very strong Bad Company vibe from some of the map footage and I'll be damned if I know why. It has me more curious than I should be having indulged in my fix with BO2 after skipping everything past WaW.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#42SlaynPosted 10/30/2013 9:24:45 PM
I don't understand how people can still be excited for the same game, year after year
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#43__Stewa__Posted 10/30/2013 9:32:39 PM
5 pages in and no one asks why he posted a video that isn't even in English?
#44Blobs_Posted 10/30/2013 11:45:34 PM
3/10 try a little harder
---
is haha
#45EpicKingdom_Posted 10/30/2013 11:48:12 PM
Battlefield franchise > COD franchise.
---
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#46ghostwarrior79Posted 10/31/2013 12:32:54 AM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
Battlefield franchise > COD franchise.

Hey, news flash genius- You got that the wrong way round!

It should be

LOL-Battlefield franchise < COD franchise
---
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior!CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS PATRIOT
I play LOTS of CALL of DUTY when I'm bored!
#47ghostwarrior79Posted 10/31/2013 12:33:23 AM
Slayn posted...
I don't understand how people can still be excited for the same game, year after year

shutup. thank you.
---
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior!CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS PATRIOT
I play LOTS of CALL of DUTY when I'm bored!
#48xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 6:47:12 AM
someone at neogaf is defending the Xbox version

People are forgetting that Microsoft has a deal with developers that no rival consoles may have more graphics than them. That means that the PS4 and XBox One version of Ghosts has the same amount of graphics. But keep in mind the PS4 is 1080p which means the graphics are stretched, while XBox One's 720p is the sweet spot and graphics are much closer together which gives a better-looking, more succinct experience.

In conclusion, if you run the same game on 1080p hardware and 720p hardware, the 720p will look way better. Now sprinkle that with some crushed blacks (XBox One exclusive feature) and the games look-not next-gen- but neo-gen (that's more than next-gen).

Hope this clears stuff up.

Though of course PC version is better than both.
#49xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 8:12:00 AM
early impressions in the communities:

"The MAPS?!?! Lol how are the maps looking so far? BO2 like or MW2 like?"

Its MW2 all the way. No 3 lane...they are very organic and some are maze like. Most are absolutely HUGE in comparison to BO2 maps

bots a.i.

One thing I have to say is they weren't kidding about the bot AI. They play a LOT like people do, and in some aspects, much better than most of the community. I have it on regular (one step up from the easiest. They will camp and sometimes even prefire. In domination they don't try to cap solo...they always wait until 2 or more are around to try, and not all of them go to it...some of them will camp outside guarding the ones on the point. Although they also do some cheap AI things...on the jungle map I saw him ADS with leaves filling his entire screen, but still perfectly tracking and hitting me.

I need to play them some more to get a feel...I'll try to get back to you on it. I can say Strikezone and Octane are the small maps, and I think Prison Break (jungle map) is probably medium. Stonehaven (has a castle on it) is absolutely gigantic. There's a HUGE, enormous open field outside the castle. Snipers are going to love it.

There's tons of verticality in the maps...most of them have lots of windows, ledges, etc. Even in the castle with the field, the field has a lot of nooks and crannies.
#50SmackpwnPosted 10/31/2013 8:43:09 AM
Sorry but a team death match with a 3 hour campaign will never be GOTY, no matter how much the publishers pay game shows to call it that, its simply not, you need to be far more ambitious than that if you want to be called GOTY