This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Call of Duty Ghosts is proving to be PC Game of the Year

#51ghostwarrior79Posted 10/31/2013 7:56:24 AM
Smackpwn posted...
Sorry but a team death match with a 3 hour campaign will never be GOTY, no matter how much the publishers pay game shows to call it that, its simply not, you need to be far more ambitious than that if you want to be called GOTY

Hey, news flash genius- there are 18 campaign missions! 1 hour a mission= 18 hours, and you say 3 hours?! There are 20+ game modes and 15 maps! BF4 has 9 maps! cod IS GOTY!

shutup!
---
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior!CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS PATRIOT
I play LOTS of CALL of DUTY when I'm bored!
#52xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 10:57:37 AM
Some innovations for the franchise

This is the first game in the Call of Duty series to feature sliding.
This is the first COD game to feature a post-apocalyptic setting in the main campaign.
This is the first game in the series where you can see your body when mantling objects.
This is the first game in the series to feature this level of character customization, the engine refined and reworked to support Soldier Creation content, combinations and options.
This is the first game in the series to introduce almost entirely dynamic maps driven by player's actions.
This is the first game in the series to feature controllable animals.
This is the first game in the series where players have the option to play as female soldiers in multiplayer.
This is the third game to feature a large projectile or bomb to be featured as a Killstreak or Pointstreak, detonating on a multiplayer map; the first two games being Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3.
Ghosts is the first game in the series to have a mode (Extinction mode) fighting aliens, originally designed for this game, and this new particular alien species makes its debut in the videogame industry and Call of Duty Ghosts, a first for the franchise.
This is the first recent Call of Duty with maps that are huge, organic, more open and dynamically designed.
#53BuburibonPosted 10/31/2013 11:10:47 AM
ghostwarrior79 posted...
Smackpwn posted...
Sorry but a team death match with a 3 hour campaign will never be GOTY, no matter how much the publishers pay game shows to call it that, its simply not, you need to be far more ambitious than that if you want to be called GOTY

Hey, news flash genius- there are 18 campaign missions! 1 hour a mission= 18 hours, and you say 3 hours?! There are 20+ game modes and 15 maps! BF4 has 9 maps! cod IS GOTY!

shutup!

Not to say that I don't believe you, but would you be able to provide some evidence to back up that claim? You know, it's hard to believe that Ghosts has such a lengthy campaign when past titles clocked in at around 5 or 6 hours.
---
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB | TITAN
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
#54Orestes417Posted 10/31/2013 11:14:28 AM
Toll can't count. BF4 has 10 maps.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#55Broccoli92Posted 10/31/2013 11:15:50 AM
xenosaga123 posted...
Some innovations for the franchise

This is the first game in the Call of Duty series to feature sliding.
This is the first COD game to feature a post-apocalyptic setting in the main campaign.
This is the first game in the series where you can see your body when mantling objects.
This is the first game in the series to feature this level of character customization, the engine refined and reworked to support Soldier Creation content, combinations and options.
This is the first game in the series to introduce almost entirely dynamic maps driven by player's actions.
This is the first game in the series to feature controllable animals.
This is the first game in the series where players have the option to play as female soldiers in multiplayer.
This is the third game to feature a large projectile or bomb to be featured as a Killstreak or Pointstreak, detonating on a multiplayer map; the first two games being Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3.
Ghosts is the first game in the series to have a mode (Extinction mode) fighting aliens, originally designed for this game, and this new particular alien species makes its debut in the videogame industry and Call of Duty Ghosts, a first for the franchise.
This is the first recent Call of Duty with maps that are huge, organic, more open and dynamically designed.

does the game has auto insanely fast health regeneration? Just seen some videos on youtube of BF4 single player. Ridiculous amount of weapons crates everywhere it's like the developer of the game didn't want the player to run out of ammo. Not to mention that insanely fast hp regen =.=. Well people bought BF4 is just for multiplayer anyway. so this shouldn't affect them. I can't imagine how will people react if they put those in the multiplayer lol.
---
Intel i5 3470 3.20GHz | Sapphire HD 7850 2GB | 8GB RAM | Asrock Z77 PRO3 |WD 1TB| PSU 650w Enermax
#56daftpunk_mk5Posted 10/31/2013 11:20:25 AM
The series peaked at CoD4. That was the last true PC game.

Every new one has been crappy servers, tons of cheaters with nothing you can do about it, restrictive player limits, and very limiting matchmaking. If I'm playing PC, I want a full PC experience. I don't want to play an Xbox game with keyboard and mouse.
---
Some say that his voice can only be heard by cats, and that he has two sets of knees... all we know is, he's called the Stig.
#57KenimaticPosted 10/31/2013 11:32:30 AM
This one does look pretty promising.

I think I may prefer this over Battlefield with the new additions they've made.
#58xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 11:49:30 AM
EDGE attacks NeoGAF
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=707237

daftpunk_mk5 posted...
The series peaked at CoD4. That was the last true PC game.

Every new one has been crappy servers, tons of cheaters with nothing you can do about it, restrictive player limits, and very limiting matchmaking. If I'm playing PC, I want a full PC experience. I don't want to play an Xbox game with keyboard and mouse.

Call of Duty Ghosts is the best COD since CoD4, and even surpasses CoD4 (obviously).

And even these days, PC gamers can still have a great PC experience with COD Ghosts.

If you want the "full" PC experience, then you are being too spoiled. This isn't a soup kitchen or Subway.
#59DerPancakePosted 10/31/2013 11:50:13 AM
"Would you stop fighting in a skyscraper just because it collapses? Neither would we."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKkW23IWxiU

From a CoD Tweet.

Also I found this:

https://vine.co/v/hD0aQ7zrDHO
---
EVGA
#60xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 6:56:16 AM
Came across New info!!!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706607

gamers are getting more excited for Call of Duty Ghosts!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSlqXIl3yUk