This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone tried a PS4 controller on PC yet?

#1JirynPosted 10/29/2013 12:57:07 PM
Supposedly the PS4 controller works on the PC right out of the box.
Has anyone tried hooking one up to their pc yet?
Does it use the Xinput drivers for standardized input?
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#2ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/29/2013 12:58:00 PM
It sucks. It uses direct input.
#3Reaper_MinionPosted 10/29/2013 12:58:15 PM
tag
---
/|\ http://i.imgur.com/hK9c1lo.jpg?1
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#4hunterslairPosted 10/29/2013 1:03:08 PM
Shadow's post is pretty concise. It will likely get better in time, but right now I don't feel like it's a good substitute for the Xbox 360 pad in most games. Emulators and the like are great with it though. I'm playing Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on Dolphin right now with super smooth PS4 controls!
---
i7 2600k, 2x7970s, 850w Black Widow PSU, 16gb 1600mhz Patriot RAM
#5GarquillPosted 10/29/2013 1:05:17 PM
hunterslair posted...
Shadow's post is pretty concise. It will likely get better in time, but right now I don't feel like it's a good substitute for the Xbox 360 pad in most games. Emulators and the like are great with it though. I'm playing Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on Dolphin right now with super smooth PS4 controls!

random question: did any of the DBZ fighting games after Budokai 3 build on the leveling and board game system B3 used? Because I had a lot of fun with it, but stopped after B3
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#6hunterslairPosted 10/29/2013 1:16:00 PM
Garquille14 posted...
hunterslair posted...

random question: did any of the DBZ fighting games after Budokai 3 build on the leveling and board game system B3 used? Because I had a lot of fun with it, but stopped after B3

Hmmm... when you say board game system, are you referencing Budokai 2's story map with the jumping portrait markers?
That aside, the Tenkaichi titles offer some variety in the way of items and RPG-like customization, but the story mode is just a menu from which you choose the scenario/saga and fight that you'd like to participate in, and that's followed by a cutscene.
---
#7Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 1:24:30 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...

Anyway to turn it to Xinput?
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#8hunterslairPosted 10/29/2013 2:18:20 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...

The simple way would be to emulate an Xbox 360 controller, which isn't particularly ideal.
---
#9Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 4:19:41 PM
hunterslair posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...

The simple way would be to emulate an Xbox 360 controller, which isn't particularly ideal.

Why not?
Sadly there are many games that only support Xinput =(
---