This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

whats the most ridiculous thing that ever happened to your machine?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. whats the most ridiculous thing that ever happened to your machine?

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#21
claytonbuckley posted...
My anti-virus updated and decided every single .exe file on my computer was some sort of virus. Myself and a bunch of PC techs could not work out what was wrong with my PC. Ended up just reformatting the thing (which i really didn't want to do) Found out later all i had to do was load in safe mode and uninstall the anti virus.

Was it by any chance norton 2001?

Because that happened to me once on Windows 95, but I never found the cause. It just deleted every single exe file that wasn't a system file.
It did leave other drives alone though, it only attacked the C drive.
I figured it was a virus.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: JonWood007

JonWood007
3 years ago#22
PUlled my phenom II out of the socket installing my hyper 212+ and removing my old HSF. Didn't damage it though, which is good.
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768

User Info: AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror
3 years ago#23
Really the only thing I can think of at the moment. I had a ps3 controller hooked into the front usb ports and I layed it on my computer chair. I was doin somethin and got pissed cuz my chair was in the way. So I grabbed my chair and slung it to the side. The ps3 controller made my entire computer topple over on it's side. I can't believe it didn't unplug from the usb port first, but it didn't.

User Info: Mohjong

Mohjong
3 years ago#24
It is warm and nicely ventilated.

So it became a nice home for the roaches. I ended up only saving the memory and HDD.
"...as we have also developed a keen interest in the smoking of pipe weed." - Bilbo Baggins

User Info: lost_within

lost_within
3 years ago#25
I was eating a chilli cheese hotdog once, and I was upgrading the RAM and I dripped chilli and cheese all over the MOBO/CPU/Cooler, and didn't realize it...

Nothing like the smell of burning cheese in the morning...and um... burning computer components...

The hot dog was tasty though...
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison

User Info: claytonbuckley

claytonbuckley
3 years ago#26
SinisterSlay posted...
claytonbuckley posted...
My anti-virus updated and decided every single .exe file on my computer was some sort of virus. Myself and a bunch of PC techs could not work out what was wrong with my PC. Ended up just reformatting the thing (which i really didn't want to do) Found out later all i had to do was load in safe mode and uninstall the anti virus.

Was it by any chance norton 2001?

Because that happened to me once on Windows 95, but I never found the cause. It just deleted every single exe file that wasn't a system file.
It did leave other drives alone though, it only attacked the C drive.
I figured it was a virus.

Nah was Bullguard
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#27
Gave me Godlike status over the common peasant rabble

Well not so much ridiculous as impressive.
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png

User Info: Alucard188

Alucard188
3 years ago#28
I killed two video cards (both under warranty) because my rear exhaust fan seized up. I also lent my secondary rig to a friend of mine for a weekend and it would not power back up after that. Still have no idea what happened.

My roommate had the capacitors blow on his board once.
Face it Cloud is a gaming icon and has appered in lots of games while mario has only appeared in 2 games sunshine and 64~xSlashbomBx
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. whats the most ridiculous thing that ever happened to your machine?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived