This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

whats the most ridiculous thing that ever happened to your machine?

#21SinisterSlayPosted 10/30/2013 8:17:50 AM
claytonbuckley posted...
My anti-virus updated and decided every single .exe file on my computer was some sort of virus. Myself and a bunch of PC techs could not work out what was wrong with my PC. Ended up just reformatting the thing (which i really didn't want to do) Found out later all i had to do was load in safe mode and uninstall the anti virus.

Was it by any chance norton 2001?

Because that happened to me once on Windows 95, but I never found the cause. It just deleted every single exe file that wasn't a system file.
It did leave other drives alone though, it only attacked the C drive.
I figured it was a virus.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#22JonWood007Posted 10/30/2013 8:22:20 AM
PUlled my phenom II out of the socket installing my hyper 212+ and removing my old HSF. Didn't damage it though, which is good.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#23AnatomyHorrorPosted 10/30/2013 8:23:38 AM
Really the only thing I can think of at the moment. I had a ps3 controller hooked into the front usb ports and I layed it on my computer chair. I was doin somethin and got pissed cuz my chair was in the way. So I grabbed my chair and slung it to the side. The ps3 controller made my entire computer topple over on it's side. I can't believe it didn't unplug from the usb port first, but it didn't.
#24MohjongPosted 10/30/2013 8:30:28 AM
It is warm and nicely ventilated.

So it became a nice home for the roaches. I ended up only saving the memory and HDD.
---
"...as we have also developed a keen interest in the smoking of pipe weed." - Bilbo Baggins
#25lost_withinPosted 10/30/2013 8:35:28 AM
I was eating a chilli cheese hotdog once, and I was upgrading the RAM and I dripped chilli and cheese all over the MOBO/CPU/Cooler, and didn't realize it...

Nothing like the smell of burning cheese in the morning...and um... burning computer components...

The hot dog was tasty though...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#26claytonbuckleyPosted 10/31/2013 12:42:40 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
claytonbuckley posted...
My anti-virus updated and decided every single .exe file on my computer was some sort of virus. Myself and a bunch of PC techs could not work out what was wrong with my PC. Ended up just reformatting the thing (which i really didn't want to do) Found out later all i had to do was load in safe mode and uninstall the anti virus.

Was it by any chance norton 2001?

Because that happened to me once on Windows 95, but I never found the cause. It just deleted every single exe file that wasn't a system file.
It did leave other drives alone though, it only attacked the C drive.
I figured it was a virus.

Nah was Bullguard
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#27TimePharaohPosted 10/31/2013 1:16:48 AM
Gave me Godlike status over the common peasant rabble

Well not so much ridiculous as impressive.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#28Alucard188(Moderator)Posted 10/31/2013 2:00:02 AM
I killed two video cards (both under warranty) because my rear exhaust fan seized up. I also lent my secondary rig to a friend of mine for a weekend and it would not power back up after that. Still have no idea what happened.

My roommate had the capacitors blow on his board once.
---
Face it Cloud is a gaming icon and has appered in lots of games while mario has only appeared in 2 games sunshine and 64~xSlashbomBx