This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Build a new computer or Buy a PS4?

#1nfs9Posted 10/29/2013 3:33:56 PM
Ok i really didn't want to make this topic but alas I am at a crossroads in my gaming ventures.

My current rig is a Phenom x4 965 black edition
8 GB RAM
2X Gigabyte AMD 7770's

I have just started to play battlefield 4 and average around 45 FPS in 1080p with AA turned off and SSAO on.

My question is should I keep my current setup? or build a new computer? or just buy a PS4 and save money? My motherboard is only AM3 and can't support the newwer AMD processors so I would be starting from scratch. I am looking for honest input money is not really and object.
#2gsf4lyfePosted 10/29/2013 3:36:25 PM
If you have to ask just get a PS4
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
#3KillerzOverHerePosted 10/29/2013 3:38:19 PM
build new one.
---
You have gaming pc specs on your sig, which makes you pc gamer, and being pc gamer makes you elitist - Sami1000
#ConsoleGamerMentality
#4KabtheMentatPosted 10/29/2013 3:38:50 PM
You'll save money in the long run if you build a new PC. Get a newer i5 and something like a 7950 and you should be good.

Also, PS4 isn't getting Titanfall apparently...which is a huge negative in my book. As of right now, I'd seriously get a Xbox One before I got a PS4.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#5Cosmic_CoyotePosted 10/29/2013 3:44:14 PM
I am on the same boat but IMO.... is better to build a new PC or upgrade now because:

1.-Remember the RROD and YLOD.. they were big and rampant when the 360 and the PS3 arrived. it would be really wise to wait at least 2 years to get a PS4 and Xbox One for this simple reason.

2.-Also remember the 3DS-XL, the PS3 and Xbox Slim etc.... cheaper consoles, fixed isues, better chipsets that don´t overheats, bigger storage HDD and better models awaits us if we wait a bit.

3.-I want a PS4 for KHIII, FFXV, God of War sequels, and many exclusives..... that won´t exist till 2015 or 2016 or more, same with a decent versión of Killer Instinct 3 with a full roster on Xbox One..... by then we will be able to get a PS4 or Xbox One for far cheaper and there will be plenty of games to play.

4.-With a good PC by NOW, we can play almost all new games that are multiplatform, emulators (if you own the real games), old games, and all of this better tan any console and with cheaper games thanks to Steam sales.

5.-The games you buy on your PC will be available to play for far longer tan consoles will.... remember how the PS3 and the Xbox 360 are not backwards compatible so once they die and they no longer sell more consoles your discs will be turned into garbage..... garbage for $60 USD each disc. While on PC I can still play PS2, NES, SNES, PSX, N64, current gen etc....
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"