This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can anyone recommend an illuminated keyboard?

#11Jocko(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 6:54:05 PM
ygfbv posted...
Saitek Eclipse.

Now this was a great suggestion! I really like the Saitek Eclipse I and II but I couldn't find any of them new. I don't want a used one from some neckbeard that Cheeto fingered them all up though.

However I found the newer version; the Mad Catz V.5 Keyboard:
http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-V-5-Keyboard-PC/dp/B002SAJCYU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383187031&sr=8-1&keywords=Mad+Catz+V.5

This is my new front runner. Does anyone have anything negative to say about it?
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#12wizardmonPosted 10/30/2013 6:57:10 PM
Jocko posted...
I don't like mechanical keyboards because I don't like the clicky sound.

There's multiple types - some of which actually make less noise than rubber dome keyboards as they don't click at all and with O-rings you won't even get the "bottoming out" sound of the plastic key impacting the plastic keyboard frame.
I will attest that my rubber dome Logitech G15 (first gen) keyboard was loud as hell.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#13Jocko(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 4:33:36 PM
In a shocking turn of events I ended up going with the Logitech G105. I'm typing on it now and it's pretty sweet. I read some reviews about the Mad Catz V.5 and there were too many complaints of the characters on the keys wearing off and that the keys squeaked after a while. Those are deal breakers in my book.

I apologize for taking so long to make my decision and post it. I just hope nobody lost too much sleep dealing with the agony of not know what keyboard I would choose. Well rest easy now my friends and thank you for your suggestions.
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.