This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia introduces the GTX 780 GHz Edition (different than the 780Ti)

#1Snuckie7Posted 10/29/2013 10:47:26 PM
http://videocardz.com/47420/nvidia-updates-geforce-gtx-780-ghz-edition

Looks like exactly what AMD pulled with the 7970 GHz edition, to overtake the current fastest single GPU from the other camp.

I hope this is a legitimate new stepping and not just a different BIOS like the 7970 GHz was.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#2Nightmare2398Posted 10/29/2013 10:57:55 PM
...really? if i were in the market for a 780 i'd just buy a classified for $580 or lightning for $550 right now... (or a galaxy HOF for $540...)
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: VegetarianEater
"This is very heavy, and this, may I remind you, is on fire." -Moony (Moony and Broon Show)
#3Snuckie7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 11:02:13 PM
MSI and EVGA might make a Classified/Lightning version of this card too. I'd actually buy it if the B1 stepping of GK110 does overclock better than the A1 stepping.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#4aak57Posted 10/30/2013 5:25:42 AM
Hmm, interesting. Will wait for more reviews/info to see if it's actually a real improvement or something half-assed like the 7970 GHz.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#5Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/30/2013 7:54:33 AM
People always said the Titan was a bad ideal, but at least it's not getting crapped on every other month like the 780, etc..

So people who just bought a 780, price drops in a few days and the 780 is being replaced with a faster model, Nvidia just dumping over everything with new products.

Glad I didn't pick up those lightnings at the time I was going to, I for sure will wait until the 800 series is released before buying anything.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8.1!
#6Alucard188Posted 10/30/2013 7:56:53 AM
It's really not worthwhile to keep up with the Joneses as far as PC parts are concerned. I'm quite comfortable with being a couple of generations behind if it means I get a good price for the power posted.
---
Face it Cloud is a gaming icon and has appered in lots of games while mario has only appeared in 2 games sunshine and 64~xSlashbomBx
#7SinisterSlayPosted 10/30/2013 7:56:58 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
People always said the Titan was a bad ideal, but at least it's not getting crapped on every other month like the 780, etc..

So people who just bought a 780, price drops in a few days and the 780 is being replaced with a faster model, Nvidia just dumping over everything with new products.

Glad I didn't pick up those lightnings at the time I was going to, I for sure will wait until the 800 series is released before buying anything.

This always happens though.

Happens with cars too, a newer, better one always comes out.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#8Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/30/2013 8:00:56 AM(edited)
SinisterSlay posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Not always...

at least in a span of time it's happening now, and the bad thing is.. Nvidia just sitting back releasing this crap they been sitting on for awhile and still beating the market. AMD needs to stop playing with nintendos and work on the PC gpus more

IE, the 680 released and Nvidia didn't change it or release an improved version of it until the 700 series. The aftermarket, etc.. doesn't count since it's not actually Nvidia making the changes
---
#9SinisterSlayPosted 10/30/2013 8:03:07 AM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Not always...

at least in a span of time it's happening now, and the bad thing is.. Nvidia just sitting back releasing this crap they been sitting on for awhile and still beating the market. AMD needs to stop playing with nintendos and work on the PC gpus more

IE, the 680 released and Nvidia didn't change it or release an improved version of it until the 700 series. The aftermarket, etc.. doesn't count since it's not actually Nvidia making the changes

It would be nice if they would just actually release the best stuff they had, not holding back just for the sake of 1up'ing the competition every few months.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#10Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/30/2013 9:09:39 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Not always...

It would be nice if they would just actually release the best stuff they had, not holding back just for the sake of 1up'ing the competition every few months.

Yeah, it makes a lot of customers pissed off when their top of the line graphic card gets replaced a month later, and cheaper, etc..

Eventually would lead to them switching companies, I do have side with AMD on that. They been keeping the series going without any new models (Other than the GHZ edition)
---