This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to Customize this Laptop

#11Bossdog421Posted 10/30/2013 8:23:07 AM
Don't blow 600 bucks on the upgrade to a 1 tb SSD. Just get a smaller SSD as a second drive for games that you could actually tell a difference in. I'd go with the 1 tb 7200 upgrade and get a 240gb or 500gb SSD depending on how much money you have left over after the more important upgrades.

Obviously get all the free upgrades, dead pixel warranty / thermal paste.

Take the money you saved on the SSD and bump up the processor and ram and you'll have a damn nice laptop.

If it's anything like my sager the thing is heavy as hell. It's a pain to travel with but at least i can do some gaming at hotels when I'm traveling. I travel a lot too... Don't skimp on the travel case, but i wouldn't buy that from xotopic though.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#12Bossdog421Posted 10/30/2013 8:25:25 AM
theblurch posted...
So, on RAM, what GB should I go for? 8, or higher?

Looks like it comes with 8, i wouldn't go lower than 12 but 16 would be ideal
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#13theblurch(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 9:13:10 AM
Bossdog421 posted...
Don't blow 600 bucks on the upgrade to a 1 tb SSD. Just get a smaller SSD as a second drive for games that you could actually tell a difference in. I'd go with the 1 tb 7200 upgrade and get a 240gb or 500gb SSD depending on how much money you have left over after the more important upgrades.

Obviously get all the free upgrades, dead pixel warranty / thermal paste.

Take the money you saved on the SSD and bump up the processor and ram and you'll have a damn nice laptop.

If it's anything like my sager the thing is heavy as hell. It's a pain to travel with but at least i can do some gaming at hotels when I'm traveling. I travel a lot too... Don't skimp on the travel case, but i wouldn't buy that from xotopic though.

Does the processer need upgrading or is it okay as it? I'm thinking cost wise, is it worth the upgrade?

Also, copper cooling heatsinks for 59 bucks?
---
XBL: T Skillet ///// Steam ID: The Blurch
Currently Playing: Shadowrun Returns, Rogue Legacy, Civ V BNW
#14theblurch(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 9:26:06 AM
Another question...is an mSATA SSD any different than getting a SSD as a secondary hard drive?
---
XBL: T Skillet ///// Steam ID: The Blurch
Currently Playing: Shadowrun Returns, Rogue Legacy, Civ V BNW
#15TimePharaohPosted 10/30/2013 10:53:48 AM
The best upgrade would be not buying a laptop lolz
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#16theblurch(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 11:54:18 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
The best upgrade would be not buying a laptop lolz

Hilarious.