This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help gtx 760 gigabyte 4gb VS msi gaming 2g

#11KabtheMentatPosted 10/30/2013 8:31:51 AM(edited)
Well, IMO more fans is usually good. As for the sound they make...doesn't bother me because A) I have a fan on in my nerd room anyway and B) I generally game with my Turtle Beach X12s on.

My own personal experience is this. I have a Sapphire 7850 2GB card. It runs cool as hell, and has 2 fans. Don't believe I've ever seen it get over 60 Celsius. My friend bought a MSI 7950 3GB card and it gets hot as hell. It's only got one fan, and I suppose some of those pipes...I haven't taken a good look at it.

So take that for what it's worth.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#12ThePCElitistPosted 10/30/2013 8:32:07 AM
unzerbrechlich posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
I'm on MSI's website and don't see a 760 Lightning listed at all.

you are right it is the HAWK

1200 vs 1100 clock

that is why the Gigabyte one is louder and hotter

The HAWK looks like it uses the same coolers from the 680 Lightning which in my opinion are amazing. I run them in SLI (1225 mhz core clock / 7000 mhz memory clock) and their temps never go above 55c even while doing long intense gaming sessions.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#13unzerbrechlich(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 8:44:39 AM
that KabtheMentat posted...
My own personal experience is this. I have a Sapphire 7850 2GB card. It runs cool as hell, and has 2 fans. Don't believe I've ever seen it get over 60 Celsius. My friend bought a MSI 7950 3GB card and it gets hot as hell. It's only got one fan, and I suppose some of those pipes...I haven't taken a good look at it.

ThePCElitist posted...
The HAWK looks like it uses the same coolers from the 680 Lightning which in my opinion are amazing. I run them in SLI (1225 mhz core clock / 7000 mhz memory clock) and their temps never go above 55c even while doing long intense gaming sessions.

That is my problem

msi gaming uses the same awesome coolers, silent and test run about 60C stressed

gigabyte is so Overclocked that it runs in the 75C range with noise
---
I am Unbreakable
#14ThePCElitistPosted 10/30/2013 8:52:36 AM(edited)
unzerbrechlich posted...
that KabtheMentat posted...

ThePCElitist posted...

That is my problem

msi gaming uses the same awesome coolers, silent and test run about 60C stressed

gigabyte is so Overclocked that it runs in the 75C range with noise

I would go with the cooler gpu then if I were you. You could still OC and still keep temps well below what the Gigabyte card runs at.

A cooler gpu is a happy gpu.
---
#15MelvinSmileyPosted 10/30/2013 8:59:50 AM
I have a 760 hawk and it's great for me. I haven't noticed it at all while playing or without to be honest in terms of sound.
---
If it can't be fixed with pantyhose and fencing wire, it's not worth fixing.
PSN: PointHrO STEAM: PointHrO
#16unzerbrechlich(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 9:00:19 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
I would go with the cooler gpu then if I were you. You could still OC and still keep temps well below what the Gigabyte card runs at.A cooler gpu is a happy gpu.

yeah i know that (looking at you EVGA 90C) that is why I am so preoccupied with temps this time.

But next gen is coming, and 3gb in the card will be the standar right now 1.5gb is the average for games, but in the future...
---
I am Unbreakable
#17ThePCElitistPosted 10/30/2013 9:03:41 AM
unzerbrechlich posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
I would go with the cooler gpu then if I were you. You could still OC and still keep temps well below what the Gigabyte card runs at.A cooler gpu is a happy gpu.

yeah i know that (looking at you EVGA 90C) that is why I am so preoccupied with temps this time.

But next gen is coming, and 3gb in the card will be the standar right now 1.5gb is the average for games, but in the future...

I used to have an EVGA and that thing would easily hit 85-90c when playing BF3. I don't like their brand anymore.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#18unzerbrechlich(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 9:03:48 AM
MelvinSmiley posted...
I have a 760 hawk and it's great for me. I haven't noticed it at all while playing or without to be honest in terms of sound.

yeah it seems that is all around a better built cooling solution
---
I am Unbreakable
#19unzerbrechlich(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 9:07:17 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
I used to have an EVGA and that thing would easily hit 85-90c when playing BF3. I don't like their brand anymore.

EVGA 700 series have real coolers this time but the premium price is just too much.
---
I am Unbreakable