This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam login problem

#1Oel43Posted 10/30/2013 8:52:15 AM
I tried to login to Steam yesterday to play a game, and I needed to put in my password, because I hadn't used Steam for a while or whatever. I got my password wrong, set a new one, and logged in with it. However, it then came up with an error message:

'Could not connect to Steam network.
This could be due to a problem with your Internet connection or with the Steam network. Please visit www.steampowered.com for more info.'

It then exited out of Steam. Now, whenever I try to go on Steam or play a Steam game, it just goes straight to a message saying it's connecting to my account, then goes to the error message and exits out. I have no other option - I don't get any bigger menu with settings or anything, I don't get the choice to input my username or password or anything, it just does these two messages then exits out. I've tried doing some stuff with my Firewall suggested on the Steam website, but it doesn't work. What should I do?
---
Man is only 90 percent water...On the Hour is 100 percent news!
#2Incendia_IntusPosted 10/30/2013 9:06:25 AM
When I had this problem awhile ago I fixed it by just reinstalling Steam.
---
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz| Phantek PH-TC14PE| EVGA GTX 580 | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | HAF 912 | HX750 750W
#3lost_withinPosted 10/30/2013 9:21:24 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]