This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Witcher 3 PC will have "absolutely no DRM", says CDProjekt Red

#51SlaynPosted 11/1/2013 5:42:57 AM
No Steam, no buy. I am serious. I prefer a Steam copy over "DRM"-free. Steam is so good, it is actually better than DRM-free so I don't even consider it DRM, which has a negative connotation.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#52kingjosh1876Posted 11/1/2013 5:45:34 AM
Well if they offer a cd key you can redeem on gog.com when you buy it on steam then yeah buying it on steam is a good idea because you get both.
---
psn:kingjosh1876
#53Cool_Dude667Posted 11/1/2013 5:48:55 AM
Slayn posted...
No Steam, no buy. I am serious. I prefer a Steam copy over "DRM"-free. Steam is so good, it is actually better than DRM-free so I don't even consider it DRM, which has a negative connotation.

Just add it to your precious library manually.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#54KidIcaroots(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 5:54:43 AM
Slayn posted...

They have already said they'll put it on Steam for you DRM fanboys.
#55ShadowThaReaperPosted 11/1/2013 5:57:28 AM
Steam isn't DRM. You will be able to launch The Witcher 3 without Steam being active.

Steam the client and Steam the DRM are 2 different things.
#56Born LuckyPosted 11/1/2013 5:58:08 AM
They're a great company.

The sickening part?

There are hundreds of thousands of people in the world, and people right here on this board - that will still steal it, because they think they have the right to.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
#57KidIcaroots(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 6:03:10 AM
Why would any PC gamer adopt a one platform only is beyond me. The main thing that allows PC games to be cheaper than console games is the free access to many different storefronts.
#58claytonbuckleyPosted 11/1/2013 6:06:57 AM
DRM does not stop piracy. Fact.

That said, i remember reading, the year Witcher 2 was released, it was one of the most pirated games of the year, and it had no DRM either.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#59ShadowThaReaperPosted 11/1/2013 6:42:43 AM
Born Lucky posted...
There are hundreds of thousands of people in the world, and people right here on this board - that will still steal it, because they think they have the right to.

Get over yourself.