This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Witcher 3 PC will have "absolutely no DRM", says CDProjekt Red

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The Witcher 3 PC will have "absolutely no DRM", says CDProjekt Red

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#51
No Steam, no buy. I am serious. I prefer a Steam copy over "DRM"-free. Steam is so good, it is actually better than DRM-free so I don't even consider it DRM, which has a negative connotation.
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.

User Info: kingjosh1876

kingjosh1876
3 years ago#52
Well if they offer a cd key you can redeem on gog.com when you buy it on steam then yeah buying it on steam is a good idea because you get both.
psn:kingjosh1876

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
3 years ago#53
Slayn posted...
No Steam, no buy. I am serious. I prefer a Steam copy over "DRM"-free. Steam is so good, it is actually better than DRM-free so I don't even consider it DRM, which has a negative connotation.

Just add it to your precious library manually.
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: KidIcaroots

KidIcaroots
3 years ago#54
Slayn posted...

They have already said they'll put it on Steam for you DRM fanboys.

User Info: ShadowThaReaper

ShadowThaReaper
3 years ago#55
Steam isn't DRM. You will be able to launch The Witcher 3 without Steam being active.

Steam the client and Steam the DRM are 2 different things.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
3 years ago#56
They're a great company.

The sickening part?

There are hundreds of thousands of people in the world, and people right here on this board - that will still steal it, because they think they have the right to.
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot

User Info: KidIcaroots

KidIcaroots
3 years ago#57
Why would any PC gamer adopt a one platform only is beyond me. The main thing that allows PC games to be cheaper than console games is the free access to many different storefronts.

User Info: claytonbuckley

claytonbuckley
3 years ago#58
DRM does not stop piracy. Fact.

That said, i remember reading, the year Witcher 2 was released, it was one of the most pirated games of the year, and it had no DRM either.
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling

User Info: ShadowThaReaper

ShadowThaReaper
3 years ago#59
Born Lucky posted...
There are hundreds of thousands of people in the world, and people right here on this board - that will still steal it, because they think they have the right to.

Get over yourself.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The Witcher 3 PC will have "absolutely no DRM", says CDProjekt Red

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived