This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stronghold Crusader HD or Extreme HD Edition?

#11ajko000Posted 10/31/2013 12:31:01 AM
Oh, truly hidden gems indeed, although without a trainer those games make me rage like crazy.

I still have my old disk version, ah the days of 3D rendered graphics...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8X_Ot0k4XJc
#12Knight2520Posted 10/31/2013 9:44:02 AM
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
I was just messing around with Free Build. I've noticed there's the lack of a custom skirmish mode on Stronghold. At first I was struggling with the economy but after spending more time I was able to keep the people happy with an abundance of food while the taxes were still set to high or mean. With plenty of resources, I was able to sell at the market and gain more gold just in case I was low in food although I was extremely wealthy.

Overall I really like it. It's just food that's problematic for me in the beginning as meat is very scarce especially in Crusaders but I quickly developed the skill to manage it. Also is it better to be cruel than nice to increase production as long there's an abundant of happiness from another source such as religion and ale?

You're right, there's no skirmish mode in Stronghold. There's just the sieges, free build, and the campaigns. However, I think if you press F2, you can bring up an invasion list to spawn enemies that will try to invade your castle, just like a siege. Skirmishes were added in SC. Early game in SC, I build lots of apple farms since they're quick to start. If you're cruel to your people, your workers are more productive but your troops have lower morale. If I remember right, that means they at least have lower health and they might even do lower damage, I'm not sure. There's tradeoffs for that sort of thing.
---
If AMD goes down Intel might safely release i9 for $300 and i7 for $200 and i5 for $100 and i3 for free. - su27Chaos<
#13iPr0kkaFTW(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 10:34:48 AM
Thanks for all the help! Now I need to get the hang of building a fortified town rather than a town with no walls lol