This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Downloaded Fallout 3 GOTY on Windows 7 and need help!

#1SkilzMCPosted 10/30/2013 1:32:26 PM
The game will freeze up as soon as the birthing sequence starts, I'm completely knew to any form of PC gaming (like I downloaded steam 2 days ago) so if you could use layman's terms as much as possible that'd be greeeat.

Any help is appreciated THANKS!
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#2phy2jshPosted 10/30/2013 1:36:17 PM
It's a common problem. Just do some googling.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#3SkilzMC(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 1:39:52 PM
phy2jsh posted...
It's a common problem. Just do some googling.

That's what I've tried a couple fixes and nothing seems to be working.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#4phy2jshPosted 10/30/2013 1:44:54 PM
Did you try adding the following lines at the end of the General section in the Fallout.ini file?

bUseThreadedAI=1
iNumHWThreads=2

Pretty sure this was the fix that got it working for me.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#5KidInTheHallPosted 10/30/2013 1:46:50 PM
Always check the Steam forums for the games you're having trouble with, it's not hard and you can probably find someone having the same issue.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#6MangorushXIIIPosted 10/30/2013 1:54:47 PM
SkilzMC posted...
The game will freeze up as soon as the birthing sequence starts, I'm completely knew to any form of PC gaming (like I downloaded steam 2 days ago) so if you could use layman's terms as much as possible that'd be greeeat.

Any help is appreciated THANKS!

You should of stuck with the console as PC gaming can be a huge headache and half of the time, the PC community will call you lazy for not doing any research on google or something, should of stuck with the console version.
#7Moorish_IdolPosted 10/30/2013 2:20:57 PM
MangorushXIII posted...
You should of stuck with the console as PC gaming can be a huge headache and half of the time, the PC community will call you lazy for not doing any research on google or something, should of stuck with the console version.

You should have stuck with English class.
#8SkilzMC(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 2:24:50 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
MangorushXIII posted...

Well you clearly graduated from ass-hat school, so I guess you CAN make those kind of judgments.
---
- GT Skillz MC
#9CrimsonkainxPosted 10/30/2013 2:46:51 PM
Try this guide. It should get you up and running.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=149946772#-1
#10MangorushXIIIPosted 10/30/2013 3:17:25 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
MangorushXIII posted...

Says the guy who spelled the word "grammer" last time, funny stuff, eh?