This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTX 780 Ti Specifications Leaked

#11ThePCElitistPosted 10/30/2013 5:30:31 PM
Shebeskii posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
The GTX Titan is like, 5% faster than the GTX 780 with 384 more shaders? And the 780Ti only has half the amount of shaders over the Titan than the Titan has over the 780?

The real damage will come from the custom board designs and unlocked voltage, although it's a moot point for TItan owners that did the voltage hack. This card won't be anything special compared to things we've already seen.

Are you talking about at the same clock? The 780 is clocked higher than the Titan.

The 780 Ti is clocked even higher than the 780. It's essentially going to be a Titan at well over 1GHz, at stock.

How much better is this than the 780 Lightning which is already clocked at 930 mhz at stock and boosts to 1,100 before even OC'ing it.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#12DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/30/2013 5:34:11 PM
ThePCElitist posted...
Shebeskii posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
The GTX Titan is like, 5% faster than the GTX 780 with 384 more shaders? And the 780Ti only has half the amount of shaders over the Titan than the Titan has over the 780?

The real damage will come from the custom board designs and unlocked voltage, although it's a moot point for TItan owners that did the voltage hack. This card won't be anything special compared to things we've already seen.

Are you talking about at the same clock? The 780 is clocked higher than the Titan.

The 780 Ti is clocked even higher than the 780. It's essentially going to be a Titan at well over 1GHz, at stock.

How much better is this than the 780 Lightning which is already clocked at 930 mhz at stock and boosts to 1,100 before even OC'ing it.

Not comparable because of GeForce Boost. 780 Lightning can essentially run full speed all the time because it has a non-reference design that can deliver a lot more power than a stock 780. That means that Lightning will have a more consistently high clockspeed vs it's set speeds, but will top out at it's peak boost unless overclocked further, which may not work with the available voltage.

Really, though, these non-reference cards with more power delivery are really going to shine in the coming years.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#13ThescyyPosted 10/30/2013 5:34:14 PM
ThePCElitist posted...
Shebeskii posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

I would imagine at stock it will be close but I would expect more overclocking headroom on the 780ti assuming you have the proper cooling.
---
i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz | H220 | asrock x79 extreme 9 | 16GB 1600mhz ram | SLI GTX 780 | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 8TB HDDs | EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 | Fractal design R4
#14ShebeskiiPosted 10/30/2013 5:38:36 PM(edited)
Thescyy posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
Shebeskii posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

I would imagine at stock it will be close but I would expect more overclocking headroom on the 780ti assuming you have the proper cooling.

Also forgot to mention that the 780Ti has around 50GB/s more memory bandwidth vs. the Titan and 780 at stock. Snuckie is underestimating the gap.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#15ThescyyPosted 10/30/2013 5:38:49 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
Shebeskii posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

Not comparable because of GeForce Boost. 780 Lightning can essentially run full speed all the time because it has a non-reference design that can deliver a lot more power than a stock 780. That means that Lightning will have a more consistently high clockspeed vs it's set speeds, but will top out at it's peak boost unless overclocked further, which may not work with the available voltage.

Really, though, these non-reference cards with more power delivery are really going to shine in the coming years.

Absolutely, EVGA Classy's are insane when using the LLC tweaks.
---
i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz | H220 | asrock x79 extreme 9 | 16GB 1600mhz ram | SLI GTX 780 | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 8TB HDDs | EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 | Fractal design R4
#16ThescyyPosted 10/30/2013 5:45:53 PM(edited)
Shebeskii posted...
Thescyy posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
Shebeskii posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

Also forgot to mention that the 780Ti has around 50GB/s more memory bandwidth vs. the Titan and 780 at stock. Snuckie is underestimating the gap.

I didn't even notice that, granted any GK110 card with Hynix or Samsung memory can overclock to nearly 7Ghz in most cases anyway but if these leaks are true it will look great for 4k benches compared to the 290x at stock.

I've honestly expected a full GK110 since this was announced, they called it the best graphics card ever, I don't think they were kidding and the price discrepancy makes me feel they think it is worth the premium over the 290x, with the aggressive price cuts on the rest of the 7xx line I would imagine this would be priced much more aggressively if it was only a 780 with one more SMX cluster enabled, that doesn't put it much higher at all and would still get beaten by the 290x handily at stock in benches unless being very aggressively clocked..
---
#17ThePCElitistPosted 10/30/2013 5:42:16 PM
Shebeskii posted...
Thescyy posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
Shebeskii posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

I was actually off a bit too. It's actually stock clocked at 980 mhz apparently. Out of curiosity I looked up some benchmarks and it either matched the Titan in everything or was higher. I'm curious at which GPU dukes it out best between the Ti and Lightning.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#18ShebeskiiPosted 10/30/2013 5:50:23 PM(edited)
Well, how does a Titan perform at that frequency? The 780 Ti will have more shaders and bandwidth than even the Titan and will be 20MHz or so lower base clock wise. They'll be in the ball park of one another, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some solid 10-15% or more leads over the 780 Lightning vs. a stock 780 Ti in super intensive titles.

The 780 Ti is going to have a 576 cuda core advantage and 50GB/s memory bandwidth advantage at the same clocks. I see that being more than 10% on it's own clock for clock. I think at higher resolutions it'll manifest as more like 15%+ at the same clocks, so you're going to have to take a 780 to the sky to keep up.

The memory speed difference may not pan out under OC, but maybe it will?
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#19ThescyyPosted 10/30/2013 5:47:46 PM
The classy is much better than the lightning because of the reference voltage controller it has which allows LLC changes through afterburner. Plus the Lightning uses Elpida memory
---
#20Snuckie7Posted 10/30/2013 6:54:03 PM
Shebeskii posted...
Well, how does a Titan perform at that frequency? The 780 Ti will have more shaders and bandwidth than even the Titan and will be 20MHz or so lower base clock wise. They'll be in the ball park of one another, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some solid 10-15% or more leads over the 780 Lightning vs. a stock 780 Ti in super intensive titles.

The 780 Ti is going to have a 576 cuda core advantage and 50GB/s memory bandwidth advantage at the same clocks. I see that being more than 10% on it's own clock for clock. I think at higher resolutions it'll manifest as more like 15%+ at the same clocks, so you're going to have to take a 780 to the sky to keep up.

The memory speed difference may not pan out under OC, but maybe it will?

How are you figuring the increased memory bandwidth at the same clocks? The 780Ti, the Titan, and the 780 all have a 384 bit memory bus.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W