This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTX 780 Ti Specifications Leaked

#21ShebeskiiPosted 10/30/2013 8:53:55 PM(edited)
Snuckie7 posted...
Shebeskii posted...
Well, how does a Titan perform at that frequency? The 780 Ti will have more shaders and bandwidth than even the Titan and will be 20MHz or so lower base clock wise. They'll be in the ball park of one another, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some solid 10-15% or more leads over the 780 Lightning vs. a stock 780 Ti in super intensive titles.

The 780 Ti is going to have a 576 cuda core advantage and 50GB/s memory bandwidth advantage at the same clocks. I see that being more than 10% on it's own clock for clock. I think at higher resolutions it'll manifest as more like 15%+ at the same clocks, so you're going to have to take a 780 to the sky to keep up.

The memory speed difference may not pan out under OC, but maybe it will?

How are you figuring the increased memory bandwidth at the same clocks? The 780Ti, the Titan, and the 780 all have a 384 bit memory bus.

I realize, my wording was poorly chosen, but somewhat intentional. The memory used on the 780 Ti may be capable of marginally higher clocks, scaling with an OC. Some 780s don't have good memory, either, apparently, so it was more "the 780 Ti is likely to have greater memory bandwidth than the 780 on average, given random sampling of units".

The point is the Ti is likely going to have a memory clock advantage, regardless of cuda core count advantages, meaning it's going to all add up to be a much faster card. For all we know, they'll use the 780GHz style revision for the Ti and it'll OC better than the 780 ever did, with a 576 cuda core count AND possible memory bandwidth advantage. The thing might just be much, much faster once you start dialing it up, and there's not a lot of assumptions here.

Add in a non reference design and cooler and yeah, I think there's a possibility for some insane numbers.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#22ThescyyPosted 10/31/2013 3:22:45 PM
New source with direct quote from Galaxy, looks to be legit.

http://videocardz.com/47508/videocardz-nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-2880-cuda-cores
---
i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz | H220 | asrock x79 extreme 9 | 16GB 1600mhz ram | SLI GTX 780 | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 8TB HDDs | EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 | Fractal design R4
#23AsellusPosted 10/31/2013 7:32:56 PM
At first I was a bit miffed having paid ~$650 for a 780 a a month or so back...

Then I remembered about EVGA's step-up program. $50 for a 780ti? Huzzah!
#24ShebeskiiPosted 10/31/2013 7:58:08 PM
Asellus posted...
At first I was a bit miffed having paid ~$650 for a 780 a a month or so back...

Then I remembered about EVGA's step-up program. $50 for a 780ti? Huzzah!

You're laughing.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#25DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/31/2013 8:01:58 PM
Shebeskii posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Shebeskii posted...
Well, how does a Titan perform at that frequency? The 780 Ti will have more shaders and bandwidth than even the Titan and will be 20MHz or so lower base clock wise. They'll be in the ball park of one another, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some solid 10-15% or more leads over the 780 Lightning vs. a stock 780 Ti in super intensive titles.

The 780 Ti is going to have a 576 cuda core advantage and 50GB/s memory bandwidth advantage at the same clocks. I see that being more than 10% on it's own clock for clock. I think at higher resolutions it'll manifest as more like 15%+ at the same clocks, so you're going to have to take a 780 to the sky to keep up.

The memory speed difference may not pan out under OC, but maybe it will?

How are you figuring the increased memory bandwidth at the same clocks? The 780Ti, the Titan, and the 780 all have a 384 bit memory bus.

I realize, my wording was poorly chosen, but somewhat intentional. The memory used on the 780 Ti may be capable of marginally higher clocks, scaling with an OC. Some 780s don't have good memory, either, apparently, so it was more "the 780 Ti is likely to have greater memory bandwidth than the 780 on average, given random sampling of units".

The point is the Ti is likely going to have a memory clock advantage, regardless of cuda core count advantages, meaning it's going to all add up to be a much faster card. For all we know, they'll use the 780GHz style revision for the Ti and it'll OC better than the 780 ever did, with a 576 cuda core count AND possible memory bandwidth advantage. The thing might just be much, much faster once you start dialing it up, and there's not a lot of assumptions here.

Add in a non reference design and cooler and yeah, I think there's a possibility for some insane numbers.

I don't really see that amounting to 50GB/s on average. That would be quite a jump, especially to claim as a matter of fact before we even know what kind of memory board partners are interested in using on it.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#26ThescyyPosted 11/2/2013 10:19:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]