This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to upgrade my GPU instead of buying a new console, but my CPU might...

#31spanishbobPosted 10/31/2013 7:50:11 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
MangorushXIII posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
MangorushXIII posted...
Shub posted...
Your setup will run BF4 decently, but if you want an improvement, just upgrade the video card, your CPU is fine.
Ignore Mangorush, he trollin'.

His CPU is fine? Lmao..yea, nice advice there, broski. Don't listen to him, TC. You're going to also need to replace that CPU as well because 2.8ghz isn't going to cut unless you don't mind your fps being all over the place that will cause your game to feel stuttery.

Guess PS4 won't cut it either with less than 2ghz.
1.6 was it?

The funny thing is, developers make sure they optimize their game on it to keep it from stuttering unlike the mess that's going on in the PC version right now, hows that working out for ya, snookie?

And that's why BF4 on PS4 has framerate problems, while on PC it runs fine?

I was about to post this. In the comparison vids of the Xbone and PS4 versions, there are framerate dips all over the place AND it's not running at 1080p either. It's a shame as I wanted to get BF4 on the PS4, but I'll get it for the PC instead seeing as my machine will handle it with no issues.
#32spanishbobPosted 10/31/2013 7:51:26 AM
(and I only wanted to get it on the PS4 to bolster my collection of games on it [when it's released])
#33Sage_Of_IcePosted 10/31/2013 8:01:40 AM
spanishbob posted...
(and I only wanted to get it on the PS4 to bolster my collection of games on it [when it's released])

It's okay. You don't have to lie. There's a little bit of peasantry in all of us. Even TimePharaoh. And Ningishzida.
---
I've been in Troll form for so long...
#34godplaysSNESPosted 10/31/2013 8:11:19 AM
Just look at it this way:
Any upgrading costs for your PC will be compensated by having free online and lower prices for games

You could await Mantle though and see how that affects things. AMD will probably make sure BF4 is a real showcase for it
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#35DiehardFFv2Posted 10/31/2013 8:12:56 AM
MangorushXIII posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
MangorushXIII posted...
Shub posted...
Your setup will run BF4 decently, but if you want an improvement, just upgrade the video card, your CPU is fine.
Ignore Mangorush, he trollin'.

His CPU is fine? Lmao..yea, nice advice there, broski. Don't listen to him, TC. You're going to also need to replace that CPU as well because 2.8ghz isn't going to cut unless you don't mind your fps being all over the place that will cause your game to feel stuttery.

Guess PS4 won't cut it either with less than 2ghz.
1.6 was it?

The funny thing is, developers make sure they optimize their game on it to keep it from stuttering unlike the mess that's going on in the PC version right now, hows that working out for ya, snookie?

Snookie is a different user, you're talking to Shub.
---
Intel i5 3570k | Sapphire r9 280x | 8GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
#36DiehardFFv2Posted 10/31/2013 8:15:02 AM
Sage_Of_Ice posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Ps4 - 399.99
R9 280X - 299.99

The decision should be simple.

fixed

Stop recommending the 7970. Especially if he plans on playing Battlefield 4. If the "Mantle" really exists, he'll most certainly want that.

From the mouth of AMD, Mantle will work on 7000 series cards.

http://community.amd.com/community/amd-blogs/amd-gaming/blog/2013/10/17/the-four-core-principles-of-amd-s-mantle
---
#37Sage_Of_IcePosted 10/31/2013 8:28:28 AM
DiehardFFv2 posted...
Sage_Of_Ice posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Ps4 - 399.99
R9 280X - 299.99

fixed

Stop recommending the 7970. Especially if he plans on playing Battlefield 4. If the "Mantle" really exists, he'll most certainly want that.

http://community.amd.com/community/amd-blogs/amd-gaming/blog/2013/10/17/the-four-core-principles-of-amd-s-mantle

Alright. I apologize. I wasn't aware of this. Regardless, it's still a better idea to go for the 280X.
---
I've been in Troll form for so long...
#38DiehardFFv2Posted 10/31/2013 8:34:09 AM
Sage_Of_Ice posted...
DiehardFFv2 posted...
Sage_Of_Ice posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Ps4 - 399.99
R9 280X - 299.99

fixed

Alright. I apologize. I wasn't aware of this. Regardless, it's still a better idea to go for the 280X.

It's like 2500k-3570k-4670k. Yes there are differences, but most of them are so miniscule or are for extremely specific things that it honestly doesn't matter.
---
#39dee jay(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 9:02:04 AM
WTF is mantle?

And I was just gonna ask if I should get the Nvidia equivalent of the 7970 because like I said, I tend to get micro stutter in a lot of my games. I see solutions to microstutter with Nvidia's "adaptive Vsync" option or whatever. AMD doesnt have this option.

It could be that a gpu upgrade in general will solve my microstutter woes. And if it doesnt, I guess that means I need to look into a new hard drive or something.
---
Ghord Dahm Sploicers
#40ShubPosted 10/31/2013 9:13:29 AM
dee jay posted...
WTF is mantle?

I'll try to put it simply: it's a way to let games use AMD cards better.
Less simply, it's a lower-level API that bypasses Direct3D and enables game programmers to use the video card more efficiently/with less overhead.
See http://www.anandtech.com/show/7371/understanding-amds-mantle-a-lowlevel-graphics-api-for-gcn if you want to read more.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.