This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Built a new pc

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Built a new pc

User Info: crad99

3 years ago#1
Took me 2 hours of troubleshooting to realize that I forgot to plug in the six pin CPU power in the motherboard.
My new hat.

User Info: Blobs_

3 years ago#2
is haha

User Info: KabtheMentat

3 years ago#3
It happens.
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson

User Info: ThePCElitist

3 years ago#4
I did the same thing once.
When I'm Miqo'te

User Info: superstud69x

3 years ago#5
When I built my PC last December, I had previously only seen a laptop HDD before, which didn't have a separate power cable, just the SATA or whatever. When I turned on my new PC I could not figure out for the life of me why the HDD wasn't showing up. Almost RMA'ed it but a friend clued me in luckily.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

User Info: EpicKingdom_

3 years ago#6
KabtheMentat posted...
It happens.

It really does.. I have had my share of unbelievably stupid things when assembling PC's. This one time.. I used my old case screws to screw in my motherboard into my new case standoffs (something like that).. the result was a relentless screw stuck in the case along with a motherboard dangling inside. (Since I figured it out before putting all in). I had to use pliers to hold the back side of the standoff or some crap like that... I actually ended up with a hammer at some point but nevermind me. WHAT ABOUT YOU.
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.

User Info: Flaktrooper123

3 years ago#7
Better than me, it took me 5 hours and I got some cuts in my fingers.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Built a new pc

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived