This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for (free)software to edit an image, to 'crop' background out of it.

#11Benjamin_ButtonPosted 11/1/2013 7:04:48 AM
actually interested in this as well...not that i need to do something like this now but when the time comes it would be handy..

looking at that pic in the OP if i were to lasso tool and crop the female out of the background it woud be HELL. Specifically with the hair in front of her face. Man that would suck. I really do wonder if theres a program that can automate this process...even with at least 70% accuracy or something.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#12kalakdrinPosted 11/1/2013 7:15:59 AM
Benjamin_Button posted...
actually interested in this as well...not that i need to do something like this now but when the time comes it would be handy..

looking at that pic in the OP if i were to lasso tool and crop the female out of the background it woud be HELL. Specifically with the hair in front of her face. Man that would suck. I really do wonder if theres a program that can automate this process...even with at least 70% accuracy or something.

All about practice. If you could automate this you wouldn't need Photoshop, or experts in Photoshop.

GIMP does the job but it's not very user-friendly. I use it here at work.