This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you consider yourself a "nerd"?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you consider yourself a "nerd"?

User Info: Jeh64

Jeh64
3 years ago#21
Sometimes

User Info: blablablax17

blablablax17
3 years ago#22
i geek
Stalking the GameFaqs boards since '04.

User Info: hyjinx17

hyjinx17
3 years ago#23
I'm a geek.

I know it's just semantics, but when I think "nerd" I think of people who are really smart, spend all their time studying and that's all they care about.

When I think Geek I think going to the midnight release of every game you want, collecting rare game/movie/anime merchandise, forgoing sleep when there is a game you just can't put down etc...

Again, I know this is just semantics and my own interpretation of the words.
FC 3883-5502-4640. PM if you add me

User Info: FRo3tBLo0d

FRo3tBLo0d
3 years ago#24
hyjinx17 posted...
I'm a geek.

I know it's just semantics, but when I think "nerd" I think of people who are really smart, spend all their time studying and that's all they care about.

When I think Geek I think going to the midnight release of every game you want, collecting rare game/movie/anime merchandise, forgoing sleep when there is a game you just can't put down etc...

Again, I know this is just semantics and my own interpretation of the words.

Agreed, I would call myself a geek as well.

User Info: Incendia_Intus

Incendia_Intus
3 years ago#25
Maiken100 posted...
Compared to the people I'm mostly around yes I'm a nerd.
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz| Phantek PH-TC14PE| EVGA GTX 580 | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | HAF 912 | HX750 750W

User Info: chaoscontrol325

chaoscontrol325
3 years ago#26
I guess I'd have to be. Have been gaming since I was a teeny tiny kid. I remembered all the codes-- some of which I still remember to this day-- and all my friends are gamers. It's basically all I talk about. Just liking games is not reason enough to be a nerd, but being this invested in something and knowing this much about it has got to mean something.
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.

User Info: Panopictonguy

Panopictonguy
3 years ago#27
I wear glasses, duh. I'm definitely a #nerd #swag #Yolo #djm #ijs #nofilter #selfie
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.

User Info: BattleStarX

BattleStarX
3 years ago#28
We're all nerds about something. It's just to what and to what degree our nerd-dom lays.
---
The best laid plans don't last a second in real life. In the end, all you can do is bum-rush your objective and hope for the best.

User Info: vyse_1986

vyse_1986
3 years ago#29
I'm socially awkward, have an underdeveloped motor cortex, and more than once, girls I've never met before looked at me for a second and then said something along the lines of "whoa, you're ugly!"

A also work as a software developer and play Japanese games that would creep most people out.

I guess I qualify.
Go to youtube and search for a show named "Game Sack". You'll thank me later.

User Info: Relentless639

Relentless639
3 years ago#30
vyse_1986 posted...
girls I've never met before looked at me for a second and then said something along the lines of "whoa, you're ugly!"

laughinghorse.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you consider yourself a "nerd"?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived