This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

X1 dev Those saying they will buy Titanfall on PC forget who makes the OS

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. X1 dev Those saying they will buy Titanfall on PC forget who makes the OS

User Info: zak234

zak234
3 years ago#1
Recently, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen has stated that Respawn Entertainment’s Titanfall will be a life-time exclusive to the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC. Despite Respawn’s Vince Zampella saying this wouldn’t be for all the games in the series, many detractors have expressed their anger by opting to buy the PC version instead of either Xbox version, presumably to “stick it” to Microsoft.

However, a confirmed Xbox One dev on Reddit pointed out the fallacy in this logic. “All the people saying they will just buy it for the PC are forgetting who makes the OS on the PC they have to play this game on. Time to buy more stock.”

http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-dev-all-those-saying-theyll-buy-titanfall-on-pc-forget-who-makes-the-os#9rumFT0PPqHOSM2j.99

User Info: arleas

arleas
3 years ago#2
Except Microsoft doesn't get a licensing fee for games on PC, and everyone likely already owns the OS so it's not like they're rushing out to buy the OS just to play the game.
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/KDYNR.jpg

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
3 years ago#3
I think they're misunderstanding the XBox One hate here. People just don't trust the console after what MS tried doing with the whole mandatory online checks and extreme DRM that treated you like scum. So they're going to stick with PC gaming where you have more options, more freedom and more choice to do what you want with your hardware and games.
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU

User Info: Stingyray

Stingyray
3 years ago#4
So, the devs are now confirmed to be stupid. Excellent.
Gaming. Mac. Pick one, not both. -HappyKhicken

User Info: Rolen47

Rolen47
3 years ago#5
There are licensing fees associated with Xbox One games. There are no fees for making a PC game. MS does not make extra money if you release a PC game because the majority of people already own a Windows PC.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#6
ThePCElitist posted...
I think they're misunderstanding the XBox One hate here. People just don't trust the console after what MS tried doing with the whole mandatory online checks and extreme DRM that treated you like scum. So they're going to stick with PC gaming where you have more options, more freedom and more choice to do what you want with your hardware and games.

Still prisim insecure though....
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: analogman

analogman
3 years ago#7
aw crap i bought a 360 controller to play this.
check my quote :DD

User Info: Dorami

Dorami
3 years ago#8
I hope his Microsoft stock is sufficient to cover his expenses when he gets laid off because the XB1 isn't performing.
"...Ashley takes on Lord Blazer alone in a white cape with flowing rockstar hair while playing his impossibly cool sword as a guitar..." - LBoksha

User Info: Treason686

Treason686
3 years ago#9
arleas posted...
Except Microsoft doesn't get a licensing fee for games on PC, and everyone likely already owns the OS so it's not like they're rushing out to buy the OS just to play the game.

Herp
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h

User Info: NekoLime

NekoLime
3 years ago#10
Does Microsoft get a royalty from developers for using Directx?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. X1 dev Those saying they will buy Titanfall on PC forget who makes the OS

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived